qnxrtp and sound drivers

Hi,

I have installed the new qnxrtp system, and am having some trouble with the sound driver. I have a isapnp soundblaster compatible card, and enum-pnpisa shows:
D30535719 bus=isapnp devid=YMH0022 ioport=0220 ioport1=0530 ioport2=0388 ioport3=0330 ioport4=0370 irq=5 dma=0 dma1=1

THe problem I have is that deva-sb does not have a usage or help option, so I’m not sure how to send my parameters to it. I have been messing with it on both a desktop (with 2 different soundcards) and with my laptopn, all of which are sb compatible. I searched google and qnx.com for docs on running this daemon, as well as the documentation istalled with my system

Does anyone have usage information for this one?

Thanks,

Josh

– remove NOSPAM to email –

Hi Josh,

The command that you want is (as root)
deva-sb -p220 -i5 -d0,1

To get usage for deva-sb you may have to give the fullpath
because is is not in the PATH environment variable by default
for non-root users. The command to get its usage is
use /sbin/deva-sb

James

Squash <NOsquashSPAM@primary.net> wrote:

Hi,

I have installed the new qnxrtp system, and am having some trouble with the sound driver. I have a isapnp soundblaster compatible card, and enum-pnpisa shows:
D30535719 bus=isapnp devid=YMH0022 ioport=0220 ioport1=0530 ioport2=0388 ioport3=0330 ioport4=0370 irq=5 dma=0 dma1=1

THe problem I have is that deva-sb does not have a usage or help option, so I’m not sure how to send my parameters to it. I have been messing with it on both a desktop (with 2 different soundcards) and with my laptopn, all of which are sb compatible. I searched google and qnx.com for docs on running this daemon, as well as the documentation istalled with my system

Thanks,

Josh

I have a similar problem - I also have an isapnp SB compatible card and am getting similar settings info from enum-pnpisa. I was able to get the usage from deva-sb, but I load it and there is no info as to what happens and there is no /dev/dsp device for audio. Photon does not recognize and audio driver either.

I need some help.

Jason Rosen

Squash wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

Josh

Hey, just installed QNXRtP, and I’m rather impressed with it…
One problem, however. It recognizes my SBLive, but when I
try to play sound, there’s no output. I use Digital speakers,
but plugging in a set of analog regular speakers didn’t produce
anything, either. I’ve checked the volume levels, really. :slight_smile:
Any ideas?

John Dobak – Certified Usenet Lurker
Demunge EMail to reply, if you so choose.