some development feedback...

<!doctype html public “-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en”>

Hi

I have tried to do some development under new QNX RTP and found some "problem"...

I tried to port one library for X Window on QNX RTP under gcc and "make" gone without any serious problem.
Then I switched to "make" some samples based on that library, and here I got a problem - when ld tries to make loadable binary, it doesn't find some entries in X library... I can't remember exact names, but they seems like a names for typical TCP/IP routine calls... For me it seems like your X library doesn't support work over network...

--
BR, Andrej

“Andrej Timchenko” <silpol@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:39D4B412.A8383E76@yahoo.com
Hi
I have tried to do some development under new QNX RTP and found some “problem”…

I tried to port one library for X Window on QNX RTP under gcc and “make” gone without any serious problem.
Then I switched to “make” some samples based on that library, and here I got a problem - when ld tries to make loadable binary, it doesn’t find some entries in X library… I can’t remember exact names, but they seems like a names for typical TCP/IP routine calls… For me it seems like your X library doesn’t support work over network…

Sounds like you/QSSL may not have setup TCP/IP correctly?

Regards …

<!doctype html public “-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en”>

Richard Lyon wrote:

"Andrej Timchenko" <> wrote in message news:<39D4B412.A8383E76@yahoo.com>...Hi

I have tried to do some development under new QNX RTP and found some "problem"...

I tried to port one library for X Window on QNX RTP under gcc and "make" gone without any serious problem.
Then I switched to "make" some samples based on that library, and here I got a problem - when ld tries to make loadable binary, it doesn't find some entries in X library... I can't remember exact names, but they seems like a names for typical TCP/IP routine calls... For me it seems like your X library doesn't support work over network...

well... I tried to dig into the problem couple of days ago... seems like the problem appears in time of _linking_ , not in run time, so it bounded to content of X libraries for QSSL... the libraries doesn't depend neither on version nor configuration of TCP/IP stack ...

--
BR, Andrej

Unlike Linux, our TCP/IP routines are not in libc - they are in
libsocket.

Add -lsocket to your link line.

Cheers,

Colin

Richard Lyon <rlyon01@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

“Andrej Timchenko” <> silpol@yahoo.com> > wrote in message news:> 39D4B412.A8383E76@yahoo.com> …
Hi
I have tried to do some development under new QNX RTP and found some “problem”…

I tried to port one library for X Window on QNX RTP under gcc and “make” gone without any serious problem.
Then I switched to “make” some samples based on that library, and here I got a problem - when ld tries to make loadable binary, it doesn’t find some entries in X library… I can’t remember exact names, but they seems like a names for typical TCP/IP routine calls… For me it seems like your X library doesn’t support work over network…

Regards …

cburgess@qnx.com

Could you post the exact errors the linker gives you?
(preferably in plain text please)

-Scott

On Mon, 02 Oct 2000 14:55:45 +0300, Andrej Timchenko <silpol@yahoo.com> wrote:

\

“That’s a deer shooting hat.”
“Like hell it is. This is a people shooting hat. I shoot people in this hat.”