useability

I am corious about something. i think qnx rtos would make a hell of a desktop os (though i know thats not its main porpose) but i think it needs one thing (at least for me) if in file manager there was an icon or something for both a cd or a floppy, not that the icon or folder has to be there all the time but when qnx recognizes that a flopy or cd has been put in your computer and you could se the contents of the cd or like you see files in a folder in qnx…by the way if i put a floppy or cd in it how do i see the contense of the disc is there a way i can do it entirely graphicly? no terminal…

You can navigate to /fs in the File Manager and browse both floppy and CDs, which automagically get mounted there.

The bookmarks feature in pfm is very useful.

As for floppies, I’ve always had to issue a mount command to get the automounting to work.

Here we go again ;-(

“You can navigate to /fs in the File Manager and browse both floppy and CDs, which automagically get mounted there.”

what does /fs mean? sorry i am relatively new at all this still and my knowlege of terminoligy is limited.

It means File System. All “external” file system related devices get mounted under /fs/…