strange filesystem errors

After moving a QNX installed disk to another computer I experience
very strange errors: Files get corrupted and after running chkfsys large numbers
of blocks are being removed, and then files and whole subdirectories are missing.
After making a new boot image it couldn’t even boot, complaining on bad CRC of
the files in the image.
Something tells me I have a hardware problem, but dcheck does not signal any errors
which I had expected in the case of HW problems.
First I only used the onboard controller and the two HD:s, and then I don’t remember
having any problems.
The system is a P120 SBC on a passive backplane. Since it only has one IDE controller,
I disabled the onboard controller and installed an ISA Multi-IO card with two IDE controllers.
On controller one there is two hard drives. On controller two there is a PCMCIA adapter
where a Sandisk IDE flash sits, and a CDROM. Using a newer Fsys.eide I can see and
mount all the devices ok.

I guess I’m on my own on this one, but if anybody out there have had similar problems I
would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks / Tom

I have had experiences which are similar to yours and which in
one case were caused by a bad hard drive and the other was
caused by a bad power supply. As I recall, dcheck did not report
errors. In the second situation (bad PS) a cold reboot seemed to
fix the problem temporarily. This probably worked because no
attempt was made to repair the disk with chkfsys.

Richard

Tomas Högström wrote:

After moving a QNX installed disk to another computer I experience
very strange errors: Files get corrupted and after running chkfsys large numbers
of blocks are being removed, and then files and whole subdirectories are missing.
After making a new boot image it couldn’t even boot, complaining on bad CRC of
the files in the image.
Something tells me I have a hardware problem, but dcheck does not signal any errors
which I had expected in the case of HW problems.
First I only used the onboard controller and the two HD:s, and then I don’t remember
having any problems.
The system is a P120 SBC on a passive backplane. Since it only has one IDE controller,
I disabled the onboard controller and installed an ISA Multi-IO card with two IDE controllers.
On controller one there is two hard drives. On controller two there is a PCMCIA adapter
where a Sandisk IDE flash sits, and a CDROM. Using a newer Fsys.eide I can see and
mount all the devices ok.

I guess I’m on my own on this one, but if anybody out there have had similar problems I
would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks / Tom