Missing operating system

Following setup
20 GB ata drive. 10 GB used for Win2000.
When I install QNX RTP everything works fine. If I install QNX4 to the half of the
remaining disk (or if RTP is already the, to the rest), the install itself seems to be
working ok. However, if I try to boot from the QNX4 partition, I get the a.m. message.
Then when I boot to Win2000, it likes to run CHKFSYS, and also shows in disk management
the QNX4 partition as healthy FAT partition? If I make a boot floppy for QNX4, then it
is possible to access the QNX4 partition.
Is there still some limitation, that QNX4 cannot be booted from a partition residing
over 8 GB, or can I do something else?

If the system is working OK after installation, the most probable reason
is that you have used QNX Loader for booting and your partition with
QNX is over 1024 cylinders. My advice is: create two partitions:
one small (2 cylinders) under 1024 cylinder - /dev/hd0t78
one big - /dev/hd0t77. install QNX on 77 and after installation,
before reboot, format 78, copy .boot and .altboot from 77 to 78
a make the 78 bootable.

Andy

Juho Joensuu <juho.joensuu@dlc.fi> wrote:

Following setup
20 GB ata drive. 10 GB used for Win2000.
When I install QNX RTP everything works fine. If I install QNX4 to the half of the
remaining disk (or if RTP is already the, to the rest), the install itself seems to be
working ok. However, if I try to boot from the QNX4 partition, I get the a.m. message.
Then when I boot to Win2000, it likes to run CHKFSYS, and also shows in disk management
the QNX4 partition as healthy FAT partition? If I make a boot floppy for QNX4, then it
is possible to access the QNX4 partition.
Is there still some limitation, that QNX4 cannot be booted from a partition residing
over 8 GB, or can I do something else?