Problems with Matrox Mystique Driver and HP A4033A Monitor!!

I am using a Siemens Scenic PD5XX Pc that comes with a on-board Matrox Mystique display adapter. Photon seems to have detected the adapter correctly. However, I tend to see screen redraw problems when I browse the web with voyager. The mouse pointer also tends to flicker from time to time.

Also I cannot view my MPEG-1,MPEG-2 and Realvideo files, all i get is just the audio and the video is completely black. This video files work fine with Windows Media Player and Xanim. I even tried changing the preferences under QNX Media Player with no improvements whatsoever.

I am also experiencing redraw problems with Xphoton. This is obvious when I scroll through the DDD Debugger menus.

What could be the problem? Is it a driver problem? Is it possible for me to change my resolution to 1152x864?

I also am using a 21-inch HP A4033A monitor. Is there a way for me to change my refresh rates higher than 60hz?

Thanks in advance.

-maget.

Could you post the output of pci -v?

Sir Maggot X <maggotx@priest.com> wrote:

I am using a Siemens Scenic PD5XX Pc that comes with a on-board Matrox Mystique display adapter. Photon seems to have detected the adapter correctly. However, I tend to see screen redraw problems when I browse the web with voyager. The mouse pointer also tends to flicker from time to time.

What sort of redraw problems are you seeing? Could you describe the problems in more
detail?
The driver for the Mystique uses a software cursor, which explains the flicker.

Also I cannot view my MPEG-1,MPEG-2 and Realvideo files, all i get is just the audio and the video is completely black. This video files work fine with Windows Media Player and Xanim. I even tried changing the preferences under QNX Media Player with no improvements whatsoever.

This is a known bug and should be fixed in a patch soon.

I am also experiencing redraw problems with Xphoton. This is obvious when I scroll through the DDD Debugger menus.

What could be the problem? Is it a driver problem? Is it possible for me to change my resolution to 1152x864?

The driver for the Mystique uses the video BIOS to detect and change modes. Which ever
resolutions and color depths are in your BIOS are what you can choose from.

I also am using a 21-inch HP A4033A monitor. Is there a way for me to change my refresh rates higher than 60hz?

No, unfortunately we do not support refresh rates on the older Matrox cards.

Thanks in advance.

-maget.

In article Voyager.001019175744.1478686B@pirate,
Sir Maggot X <maggotx@priest.com> wrote:

I am also experiencing redraw problems with Xphoton. This is obvious
when I scroll through the DDD Debugger menus.

This is a known problem with Xphoton and ddd
ie. not related to your grafx driver

Garry Turcotte (R&D)
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.