Installing patch E/G for Qnx 4.25 without phinstall

Please,
does someone know how to install those patches without using phinstall?
I Do not have any graphics, but i need to upgrade because I suppose i am facing the nasty trouble of interrupts handling that seem corrected on patch E/G.
My version in 4.25C.
Thank you all.

There is no other way. What I did in the past was to install it on a test machine (with graphics) and copy the necessary files over to the target machines. With the new “Proc32”, you will most likely need to rebuild the boot image.

Thank you, now I am going to try from another machine with a working cd (I hope) where I moved my actual qnx hard disk, wishing this is enough (only the boot from CD being graphics, as long as I do not have a working version with a windows environment).
Of course I am not able to understand why someone has to come crazy just to upgrade a Qnx version to an hopefully unbugged one from a true bugged previous version, but this is a question I have to send to QNX.

There is no other way. What I did in the past was to install it on a test machine (with graphics) >and copy the necessary files over to the target machines. With the new “Proc32”, you will most >likely need to rebuild the boot image.

Big kudos to the person who has a list of “necessary files”… what am I looking for? Which files’ dates/times should have changed?
Thanks!

2 nails:
What I always do is - as noc has told you - a clean install on a regular PC, all patches - including the Security Patch.
Then I just do:
tar -c bin boot etc home qnx4 registry usr var | gzip -c -9 > qnxIMAGE.tgz
Then I move this file to the target machine and:
gzip -cd qnxIMAGE.tgz | tar -x
How to move it there?

I have made a two-diskette set to boot and bring up the networking, with theese - everything is possible!
:slight_smile:

That doesn’t copy .boot which may nor may not be a problem. That doesn’t copy .license file which may or may not be a problem. That doesn’t copy old style licence which may or… ;-)

I have same problem.

I have not phinstall and pkginstall.
how to install tarx file without pkginstall?