Some unsupported hardware on QNX 6.2

Hello,

Here are two problems that I have with QNX, any help will be appreciated:

1. I have a Matrox Parhelia graphics card and am experimenting with QNX…I am currently using the VESA driver which allows me to set high res and color modes, but I’m stuck with a 60Hz refresh rate…beta binary Linux Xfree86 drivers exist for my card, but I don’t think they can be used on QNX. Any ideas on how I could work around the refresh rate limitation?

2. I have a Creative Audigy soundcard which is also not supported by the OS…maybe I could get it to work in some Soundblaster Pro compatibility mode, but I haven’t seen any sound settings at all…they must exist, where are they?

THank you for your patience.

Hi Florin,

Florin <nospam@forum.openqnx.com> wrote:

Hello,

Here are two problems that I have with QNX, any help will be appreciated:

1. I have a Matrox Parhelia graphics card and am experimenting with QNX…I am currently using the VESA driver which allows me to set high res and color modes, but I’m stuck with a 60Hz refresh rate…beta binary Linux Xfree86 drivers exist for my card, but I don’t think they can be used on QNX. Any ideas on how I could work around the refresh rate limitation?

Well with the DDK and the XFree source you could port over the driver to QNX.
also check with www.openqnx.com and www.qnxzone.com for more
resources. You could also contact your sales rep and we could do it via custom
eng.

1. I have a Creative Audigy soundcard which is also not supported by the OS…maybe I could get it to work in some Soundblaster Pro compatibility mode, but I haven’t seen any sound settings at all…they must exist, where are they?

Same with respect to the audio driver. The DDK is available and if you can
get the source for it under Linux then you could port it over.

Best regards,

Erick

THank you for your patience.

Unfortunately the sources don’t exist for either of them so I guess I’m stuck…is there no other way to force an 85Hz refresh rate though?

Florin <nospam@forum.openqnx.com> wrote:

Unfortunately the sources don’t exist for either of them so I guess I’m stuck…is there no other way to force an 85Hz refresh rate though?

Hi Florin,

Unfortunatly you cannot change the refresh rate on the
generic drivers. Sorry.

E.