QNX does not boot if Graphics card is removed

Hello,

I have 6.2.1 PE running of a x86 based SBC - I had to plugin a PMC Video Card to install QNX. Now that the ethernet and serial are working - I made changes to the startup script so that I can login over the serial terminal and/or through telnet or FTP.
Basically I do not need the Video card (and kbd/mouse) anymore - if I remove the Video Card the boot does not complete (I have set the BIOS I/O redirection to Serial as Always). When I removed this PMC Video Card - I get the message
“Boot Partition 1 ? 1
Hit Esc for .altboot …”
and the booting process stops.

Once I get the SBC to boot without the PMC Video Card - my next step will be to build an image that uses only Serial Port Console. Due to varous reasons I do not want to build an image now - I want to modify the startup of QNX istalled in a standard way.

Is crttrap clear the way to start?

Any comments or questions - please let me know.

Abhi

I think you have to have keyboard and video card connected until you use
an image with devc-con included.
Regards,
Eduard.

Thank you - I have decided to not follow the route of modifying the standard installation - instead focus on building an image without the Graphics support.

as a result I build the test image and use it as the /.altboot. so should I make another partition for /.altboot? So that /.boot (the stadnard install) and /.altboot have two different partitions. In the build script I will specify the other partition for /.altboot. Is this how it should be? My concern is if I use the same partition for /.boot and /.altboot - it gets confusing to validate my test image (my test image is /.altboot). Right now I call devb-eide in the startup script and pass no arguments - is this correct?
Regards
Abhi