installation problem with ISO

Hi,

I got an ISO image of QNX4 (RTOS 6.00) from a friend. When I try to install QNX into a seperate partition, it always complain about not finding “qnxbasedma.ifs,” and
exit/boot. I verified the existant of file, and here’s the following dump of “boot” directory on the CD:

on DOS:
qnxbase.ifs
qnxbase.qfs
qnxbased.ifs

on Windows(98):
qnxbase.ifs
qnxbase.qfs
QNXBASEDMA.ifs

on QNX installation on top FAT16:
qnxbase.ifs
qnxbase.qfs
qnxbasedma.ifs

The target partition is on the secondary HDD (IDE-0, slave), with this partition config :
1.5GB FAT16, Primary Partition
500MB QNX Partition ← target for installation
2.2GB FAT16, Extended Partition

I have also tried to make the HDD as primary HDD (IDE-0, master), which yields to the same results. Can anybody tell me what’s wrong?

TIA

X Master <xmaster@otakumail.com> wrote in article 1104_1013632091@darkx

Hi,

I got an ISO image of QNX4 (RTOS 6.00) from a friend.

QNX4 is a commercial OS. QNX6 (QNXRTP, RTOS 6.00) is quite different OS and it’s a free for
non-commercial use.

When I try to install QNX into a seperate partition, it always complain about not finding
“qnxbasedma.ifs,” and exit/boot.

Check out your CD-ROM is not slave without master device on chanel. This combination is illegal
according to the ATA spec., and it’s not supported by QNX.

I verified the existant of file, and here’s the following dump of “boot” directory on the CD:

on DOS:
qnxbase.ifs
qnxbase.qfs
qnxbased.ifs

on Windows(98):
qnxbase.ifs
qnxbase.qfs
QNXBASEDMA.ifs

on QNX installation on top FAT16:
qnxbase.ifs
qnxbase.qfs
qnxbasedma.ifs

The target partition is on the secondary HDD (IDE-0, slave), with this partition config :
1.5GB FAT16, Primary Partition
500MB QNX Partition ← target for installation
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ it should be free place on HDD, not covered by extended partition.

In other words, under DOS/Windows, you are able only creat 1 primary partition and the next step
should be creation extended partition, but don’t use all rest size (leave 500MB).

2.2GB FAT16, Extended Partition
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ it’s a logical drive in extended partition.

QNX RTP defaul installation procedure is unable to install into logical drive.

Regards,
Eduard.

I have also tried to make the HDD as primary HDD (IDE-0, master), which yields to the same
results. Can anybody tell me what’s wrong?

TIA