RTP 6.1, Regular TCP/IP (only, no qnet), tulip network driver
Pentium/133, 64meg, cheap video (VGA Only)
Dump at http://www.2imagineit.net/qnx6/io-net.core.gz
Running code available if required
I’ve been porting the Intel UPnP SDK using Samba and several telnet
sessions and everything has gone well up to this point. I finally got
all the code, exception handling, undefined stuff, etc resolved so the
The first few times I ended up rebooting the system (ack, 6 years QNX4
and I reboot to change hardware - 6 days on Nto…) until I finally managed
to track down what was happening:
The application (sample UPnP TV device) starts multiple threads including
a mini web server, multicast listener, threads as-needed for
inbound requests, …
Running from a telnet session (Kermit 95, QNX protocol) it would get about
half-way through the initialization setup (it varied where it aborted)
which time the init thread made calls that invoked other threads (HTTP
requests to internal web server, sending multicast announcements, …
30 seconds later my telnet sessions were gone and CPU was at 100%.
During this time the application was “spewing” debug data - but at a rate
considerable less than what a ‘find /’ would give - and it doesn’t die.
io-net aborted, inetd and nmbd started spinning.
If I run this from pty’s in Photon everything runs just fine… I backed
the way down to:
mount -Tio-net -opci=0 /lib/dll/devn-tulip.so
ifconfig en0 172.31.1.18 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
… io-net dies.
I guess the good part of this is I now know how to fully start networking
from scratch on Nto
Happy hunting, let me know if you need more (including the SDK).