QNX 6.2.1 compatible laptop

I know that this question has been asked several times.

I would like to buy a laptop to use with QNX 6.2.1.
It is really a hardwork to find a QNX compatible laptop and when I have found one (one and a half year ago, the laptop is too old and it is not possible to buy the same).

Has someone bought recently a laptop which (more or less) works with QNX (that not hangs during the boot-up sequence, with an ethernet card working and so on, nothing really special).

It would be great to be able to find a database with qnx compatible laptops in the qnx hardware support center webpage (just an idea…or a wish).
:wink:

Thanks in advance.

Toshiba Satellites seem to be quite good, the video tends to be Nvidia and therefore unaccelerated, but otherwise fine.

privately, I am using some SONY VAIOS, age between 1 and 2 years old. at the company I work for, we use various ACER TRAVELMATEs, but I’ll have to check for the models after my holidays (10 days left).

regards HELGE

Helge, Helge, Helge… posting on openqnx on your vacation ? Since you’re German, I gather this is because you have too much vacation :smiley:

ok, let us have a quick check :
27th, that was a friday; what else would you do on a friday night but having a quick glance at the openqnx forums a? any suggestion ?

then there are two days of weekend, five days of holiday (which I consider not too much with respect to the struggle I have with qnx businesswise), another weekend, and after that give me a day or two to sniff around at the company for the ACER models.
that makes 10 ten days all in all, and if dr. is not prepared to wait that long, he may feel free to buy any IBM Thinkpad ;-)
just a guess.

ok, trapped again, it’s sunday. any idea how to spend a hot summer sunday ?
regards HELGE

Hello. I have searched for Toshiba satellites laptops and most of them use an intel 82801BD network card.
It is supported in QNX 6.3 but nothing is said if it is in QNX 6.2.1 (I have read some messages about problems to use this network card in QNX 6.2.1).

Is the 82801 BD supported in QNX 6.2.1?

If someone is using a qnx compatible laptop (a little bit new to be able to buy it) and can tell me the model, it will be a great help.

And has someone used PCMCIA serial port cards RS232/RS485 configurable and qnx 6.2.1 compatible?

Thanks in advance.

The latest laptops are, if at all, of course only supported by QNX 6.3, so why not go with 6.3? Take one with ATI Radeon graphics and RTL network chip and it probably will work.

Or buy a used laptop, older Sony Vaios used to work with 6.2.1, I used one too.

Another solution could be to use VmWare. QNX 6.3 and 6.2.1 have VmWare drivers and with this solution, you can run QNX on any PC or laptop. It’s of course a bit slower because all hardware accesses are trapped.