Phindows problem with fonts

Hi,

I can access to my QNX RTP machine using Phindows, but i don’t have fonts,
only the graphics, it seems to run fine but quite blindly :slight_smile:

Anyone can help?

In article <8qvld4$5o7$1@inn.qnx.com>,
Frédéric <frederic@spamcop.dataradio.com> wrote:

Hi,

I can access to my QNX RTP machine using Phindows, but i don’t have fonts,
only the graphics, it seems to run fine but quite blindly > :slight_smile:

Anyone can help?

I believe the version of phrelay on RTP needs to
be started with “-x” (I’ve removed this for future
versions) Check your inetd.conf file to be sure it’s
passing the -x option to phrelay, and if you’re
starting it manually (serial connection) then you’ll
need to run it as ‘exec phrelay -x’

Also, if you’re not currently running
Photon on the RTP box, phrelay uses the
/usr/photon/bin/ph.setup script to start the
font manager


Garry Turcotte (R&D)
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.

“Garry Turcotte” <garry@qnx.com> a écrit dans le message news:
8qvm7t$8hs$1@nntp.qnx.com

I believe the version of phrelay on RTP needs to
be started with “-x” (I’ve removed this for future
versions) Check your inetd.conf file to be sure it’s
passing the -x option to phrelay

yes there’s the -x option by default in inetd.conf
maybe it’s a font problem? in my /usr/photon/fonts on my windows machine
there’s only .phf fonts, and RTP use ttf no?

In article <8qvobt$7ep$1@inn.qnx.com>,
Frédéric <frederic@spamcop.dataradio.com> wrote:

“Garry Turcotte” <> garry@qnx.com> > a écrit dans le message news:
8qvm7t$8hs$> 1@nntp.qnx.com> …
I believe the version of phrelay on RTP needs to
be started with “-x” (I’ve removed this for future
versions) Check your inetd.conf file to be sure it’s
passing the -x option to phrelay

yes there’s the -x option by default in inetd.conf
maybe it’s a font problem? in my /usr/photon/fonts on my windows machine
there’s only .phf fonts, and RTP use ttf no?

In order to display using the old phindows/phditto
executables, phrelay renders the fonts on the RTP
box and sends bitmaps. (along with a lot of other
draw commands that have to be remapped) So, no you
won’t see the fonts in your windows directory.

Try this,
edit inetd.conf and add -VVV -D/tmp/phrelay.out
to the commandline for phrelay

slay -shup inetd
to get it to reread the file

connect with phindows/exit phindows

send me the /tmp/phrelay.out file

(I’d recommend making the session as short as possible,
as this debug file can get rather large…)


Garry Turcotte (R&D)
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.

Is anywhere manual and ready fonts with cyrillic support for qnx - i’m looking
for Bulgarian specialy?

“Frédéric” wrote:

Hi,

I can access to my QNX RTP machine using Phindows, but i don’t have fonts,
only the graphics, it seems to run fine but quite blindly > :slight_smile:

Anyone can help?

In order to display using the old phindows/phditto
executables, phrelay renders the fonts on the RTP
box and sends bitmaps. (along with a lot of other
draw commands that have to be remapped) So, no you
won’t see the fonts in your windows directory.

Would that explain why RTP is slower at redrawing
terminal then QNX4?

In article <8r0s59$7dq$1@inn.qnx.com>, Mario Charest <mcz@videotron.ca> wrote:

In order to display using the old phindows/phditto
executables, phrelay renders the fonts on the RTP
box and sends bitmaps. (along with a lot of other
draw commands that have to be remapped) So, no you
won’t see the fonts in your windows directory.


Would that explain why RTP is slower at redrawing
terminal then QNX4?

Yes.

BTW the reason the original poster wasn’t seeing
any fonts is that phrelay/phindows/phditto cannot
display antialiased fonts.


Garry Turcotte (R&D)
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.

Where can I get the latest Phindows.exe executable that works fine with the
RTP?

Koppula

“Garry Turcotte” <garry@qnx.com> wrote in message
news:8qvp9t$a59$1@nntp.qnx.com

In article <8qvobt$7ep$> 1@inn.qnx.com> >,
Frédéric <> frederic@spamcop.dataradio.com> > wrote:
“Garry Turcotte” <> garry@qnx.com> > a écrit dans le message news:
8qvm7t$8hs$> 1@nntp.qnx.com> …
I believe the version of phrelay on RTP needs to
be started with “-x” (I’ve removed this for future
versions) Check your inetd.conf file to be sure it’s
passing the -x option to phrelay

yes there’s the -x option by default in inetd.conf
maybe it’s a font problem? in my /usr/photon/fonts on my windows machine
there’s only .phf fonts, and RTP use ttf no?

In order to display using the old phindows/phditto
executables, phrelay renders the fonts on the RTP
box and sends bitmaps. (along with a lot of other
draw commands that have to be remapped) So, no you
won’t see the fonts in your windows directory.

Try this,
edit inetd.conf and add -VVV -D/tmp/phrelay.out
to the commandline for phrelay

slay -shup inetd
to get it to reread the file

connect with phindows/exit phindows

send me the /tmp/phrelay.out file

(I’d recommend making the session as short as possible,
as this debug file can get rather large…)


Garry Turcotte (R&D)
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.

In article <8rdafo$70i$1@inn.qnx.com>,
Koppula Ravi Kumar <koppula.ravikumar@snapon.com> wrote:

Where can I get the latest Phindows.exe executable that works fine with the
RTP?

Your current phindows should work with the RTP.
Turn off antialiased fonts in RTP. There will be a new
phrelay in a future release


Garry Turcotte (R&D)
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.

I turned off the antialiasing. Now I am able to see the characters.
In the Terminal window I am facing the following problems

1.As I type the command, the characters are displayed with under score. So,
the characters are not displayed correctly.

  1. I opened the file manager which is working fine. I can type the directory
    names and the characters are appearing fine. I closed the file manager. The
    overlaying portion on the terminal window is still displayed.
    I understand that the terminal window is not refreshed.

Can anybody help me to solve this problems


“Garry Turcotte” <garry@qnx.com> wrote in message
news:8rdc8u$mc4$1@nntp.qnx.com

In article <8rdafo$70i$> 1@inn.qnx.com> >,
Koppula Ravi Kumar <> koppula.ravikumar@snapon.com> > wrote:
Where can I get the latest Phindows.exe executable that works fine with
the
RTP?

Your current phindows should work with the RTP.
Turn off antialiased fonts in RTP. There will be a new
phrelay in a future release


Garry Turcotte (R&D)
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.

In article <8rg3l3$rql$1@inn.qnx.com>,
Koppula Ravi Kumar <koppula.ravikumar@snapon.com> wrote:

I turned off the antialiasing. Now I am able to see the characters.
In the Terminal window I am facing the following problems

1.As I type the command, the characters are displayed with under score. So,
the characters are not displayed correctly.

  1. I opened the file manager which is working fine. I can type the directory
    names and the characters are appearing fine. I closed the file manager. The
    overlaying portion on the terminal window is still displayed.
    I understand that the terminal window is not refreshed.

Can anybody help me to solve this problems

I’ll email you a new phrelay to try


Garry Turcotte (R&D)
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.

“Garry Turcotte” <garry@qnx.com> wrote in message
news:8ri9ve$n2d$1@nntp.qnx.com

In article <8rg3l3$rql$> 1@inn.qnx.com> >,
Koppula Ravi Kumar <> koppula.ravikumar@snapon.com> > wrote:
I turned off the antialiasing. Now I am able to see the characters.
In the Terminal window I am facing the following problems

1.As I type the command, the characters are displayed with under score.
So,
the characters are not displayed correctly.

  1. I opened the file manager which is working fine. I can type the
    directory
    names and the characters are appearing fine. I closed the file manager.
    The
    overlaying portion on the terminal window is still displayed.
    I understand that the terminal window is not refreshed.

Can anybody help me to solve this problems

I’ll email you a new phrelay to try


Garry Turcotte (R&D)
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.

I’m having this same problem. Did the new phrelay solve it? Can I get it?

Thanks,
Marty Doane

In article <8sklrt$fan$1@inn.qnx.com>,
Marty Doane <doanemr@REMOVE_rapistan.com> wrote:

“Garry Turcotte” <> garry@qnx.com> > wrote in message
news:8ri9ve$n2d$> 1@nntp.qnx.com> …
In article <8rg3l3$rql$> 1@inn.qnx.com> >,
Koppula Ravi Kumar <> koppula.ravikumar@snapon.com> > wrote:
I turned off the antialiasing. Now I am able to see the characters.
In the Terminal window I am facing the following problems

1.As I type the command, the characters are displayed with under score.
So,
the characters are not displayed correctly.

  1. I opened the file manager which is working fine. I can type the
    directory
    names and the characters are appearing fine. I closed the file manager.
    The
    overlaying portion on the terminal window is still displayed.
    I understand that the terminal window is not refreshed.

Can anybody help me to solve this problems

I’ll email you a new phrelay to try


Garry Turcotte (R&D)
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.

I’m having this same problem. Did the new phrelay solve it? Can I get it?

The new phrelay solves it. I’m told it will be in the next patch


Garry Turcotte (R&D)
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.

Is Phindows part of the RTP distribution, or is a fee/license required?
I have the RTP CD, but didn’t see Phindows on there anywhere.

-Arthur


“Garry Turcotte” <garry@qnx.com> wrote in message
news:8rdc8u$mc4$1@nntp.qnx.com

In article <8rdafo$70i$> 1@inn.qnx.com> >,
Koppula Ravi Kumar <> koppula.ravikumar@snapon.com> > wrote:
Where can I get the latest Phindows.exe executable that works fine with
the
RTP?

Your current phindows should work with the RTP.
Turn off antialiased fonts in RTP. There will be a new
phrelay in a future release


Garry Turcotte (R&D)
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.

Your current phindows should work with the RTP.
Turn off antialiased fonts in RTP. There will be a new
phrelay in a future release


Garry Turcotte (R&D)
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.

How do you turn off antialiased fonts?

Thanks,
Marty Doane

No, it’s a separate product with a per-seat licence fee.

“Arthur Q” <3_arthur@my-deja.com> wrote in message
news:8sn6ls$8ds$1@inn.qnx.com

Is Phindows part of the RTP distribution, or is a fee/license required?
I have the RTP CD, but didn’t see Phindows on there anywhere.

-Arthur


“Garry Turcotte” <> garry@qnx.com> > wrote in message
news:8rdc8u$mc4$> 1@nntp.qnx.com> …
In article <8rdafo$70i$> 1@inn.qnx.com> >,
Koppula Ravi Kumar <> koppula.ravikumar@snapon.com> > wrote:
Where can I get the latest Phindows.exe executable that works fine with
the
RTP?

Your current phindows should work with the RTP.
Turn off antialiased fonts in RTP. There will be a new
phrelay in a future release


Garry Turcotte (R&D)
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.

Your current phindows should work with the RTP.
Turn off antialiased fonts in RTP. There will be a new
phrelay in a future release


Garry Turcotte (R&D)
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.

How do you turn off antialiased fonts?

Seems like an easy question to answer. Anyone know?

Marty Doane <doanemr@remove_rapistan.com> wrote:
:> > Your current phindows should work with the RTP.
:> > Turn off antialiased fonts in RTP. There will be a new
:> > phrelay in a future release
:> >
:> > –
:> > Garry Turcotte (R&D)
:> > QNX Software Systems, Ltd.
:>
:> How do you turn off antialiased fonts?

: Seems like an easy question to answer. Anyone know?

Fire up the fontadmin tool and go to its Options tab.


Steve Reid stever@qnx.com
TechPubs (Technical Publications)
QNX Software Systems Ltd.

Thanks, that’s just what I needed. Not finding something on the shelf, and
not knowing what I was looking for left me helpless.

“Steve Reid” <stever@qnx.com> wrote in message
news:8t4enf$npg$1@nntp.qnx.com

Marty Doane <doanemr@remove_rapistan.com> wrote:
:> > Your current phindows should work with the RTP.
:> > Turn off antialiased fonts in RTP. There will be a new
:> > phrelay in a future release
:
:> > –
:> > Garry Turcotte (R&D)
:> > QNX Software Systems, Ltd.
:
:> How do you turn off antialiased fonts?

: Seems like an easy question to answer. Anyone know?

Fire up the fontadmin tool and go to its Options tab.


Steve Reid > stever@qnx.com
TechPubs (Technical Publications)
QNX Software Systems Ltd.

Marty Doane <doanemr@remove_rapistan.com> wrote:
: Thanks, that’s just what I needed. Not finding something on the shelf, and
: not knowing what I was looking for left me helpless.

It wouldn’t help that fontadmin wasn’t documented in time for the initial
release. It should be in the next patch.

Most of the documentation has an index that might help you find things.
If you think of any entries that are missing, please suggest them. (Now
that I know how hard it is to build a good index, I’m more forgiving when
I look in someone else’s book, and the word I’m looking for isn’t there.)


Steve Reid stever@qnx.com
TechPubs (Technical Publications)
QNX Software Systems Ltd.