QNX 4 network issue

We use QNX 1 on our test machines at work. One of the machines crashed and on reboot suffered from a loss of network connectivity.

When trying to use the ping command, I get the following error

“ping: socket: invalid argument”. Similar messages are seen for ftp.

Tried a new OS and application image and it works fine, so we know its the software installation thats the issue. Looking for some pointers on how to determine where the corruption could lie.

Please disregard the previous POST. I got the OS number wrong.

We use QNX 4.22 on our test machines at work. One of the machines crashed and on reboot suffered from a loss of network connectivity.

When trying to use the ping command, I get the following error

“ping: socket: invalid argument”. Similar messages are seen for ftp.

Tried a new OS and application image and the setup then works fine, so we know its the software installation thats the issue. Looking for some pointers on how to determine where the corruption could lie.

I think you must share QNX1 with us, everyone want to see first release of QNX !

How about using your great wit and intellect to help resolve the issue instead of taking the crap, oh QNX master :slight_smile:

It’s trivial, my son. Just strain ya brain. Is Socket or Socklet running ?

I think forums and newsgroups causing ppl do not think. They are searching help everywhere, instead of trying to solve it, e.g. compare output of ‘pidin’ or ‘ps’ on two machines and compare, it’s trivial, isn’t it ?

Amen.

Just come back from the labor day long weekend.

Everybody please calm down and relax.

Nice to see you lestat, your QOpenCD project must be very successful now that QSS is not doing anything in that area :slight_smile:

getshorty1965, have you checked the Socket (or Socklet) to see if they are running as lestat suggested? or compare the process list of the two computers to see what’s different. This should at least get you started. The error you posted seem to indicate tcpip stack is not running.

At the last QNX convention, at least the last one I attended, I loan QSSL an IBM PC and my copies of QNX version .43. It still works just like new, but doesn’t have quite as many features as later versions.