telnetd problems

Hi,

I have installed the RTP on a host machine and it works for the most part. I want to build an image for a NTO target using the bins, libs, dlls from the RTP. First of all, is this doable? I admit to not understanding the nuances of RTP vs. NTO. My assumption is the drivers, bins and dlls are the same. Is this correct?

I have done this many times with QNX 4.25, so I have an understanding of making images. I created an image for the target (one that worked with QNX 4.25 host and NTO 2.0). When I try to telnet into the target (using inetd -d on target) I get the following errors:

target (server) side: ‘pid’ reaped

host (client) side: bind: Address already in use
Connection closed by foreign host.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alec

Yes, I have started devc-pty and there are /dev/tty’s and /dev/ptty’s.

Alec

Previously, Xiaodan Tang wrote in qdn.public.qnxrtp.applications:

Alec Gorjestani <> alecg@me.umn.edu> > wrote:
Hi,

I have installed the RTP on a host machine and it works for the most part. I want to build an image for a NTO target using the bins, libs, dlls from the RTP. First of all, is this doable? I admit to not understanding the nuances of RTP vs. NTO. My assumption is the drivers, bins and dlls are the same. Is this correct?

I have done this many times with QNX 4.25, so I have an understanding of making images. I created an image for the target (one that worked with QNX 4.25 host and NTO 2.0). When I try to telnet into the target (using inetd -d on target) I get the following errors:

Have you started “devc-pty” ?

-xtang

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alec

Alec Gorjestani <alecg@me.umn.edu> wrote:

Hi,

Have you started “devc-pty” ?

-xtang

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alec

I still haven’t been able to solve this. I am stumped. Any ideas (no
matter how improbable) as to what may be going on would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!
Alec

Hi,

I have installed the RTP on a host machine and it works for the most part.
I want to build an image for a NTO target using the bins, libs, dlls from

the RTP. First of all, is this doable? I admit to not understanding the
nuances of RTP vs. NTO. My assumption is the drivers, bins and dlls are the
same. Is this correct?

I have done this many times with QNX 4.25, so I have an understanding of
making images. I created an image for the target (one that worked with QNX

4.25 host and NTO 2.0). When I try to telnet into the target (using
inetd -d on target) I get the following errors:

Any ideas?