PtRealizeWidget

Hi,

I create several PtLabel widgets with the same PtWindow as a parent to display images.

If I call PtRealizeWidget() with one of those widgets to change the image, it seems that the other
widgets, which have been created later, are flickering although they are not changed at all. Those
pictures created earlier are not flickering.
The widgets do not overlap.

This behaviour can only be seen if the widget background is transparent and the images have
transparent pixels.

I am using QNX 4.25, Photon 1.14.

Is this the default behaviour or am I doing anything wrong ?

Gerd Hedtke

Hello Gerd

I don’t suppose that you could send a test application to “gui@qnx.com”? Also could you please state the type of video card that you have in your machine? Also is there anything else going on in the background or is this the only thing that is occuring in the program?

Thanks
Rodney

Previously, Gerd Hedtke wrote in qdn.public.qnx4.photon:

Hi,

I create several PtLabel widgets with the same PtWindow as a parent to display images.

If I call PtRealizeWidget() with one of those widgets to change the image, it seems that the other
widgets, which have been created later, are flickering although they are not changed at all. Those
pictures created earlier are not flickering.
The widgets do not overlap.

This behaviour can only be seen if the widget background is transparent and the images have
transparent pixels.

I am using QNX 4.25, Photon 1.14.

Is this the default behaviour or am I doing anything wrong ?

Gerd Hedtke