Phinx.630.gz

Sorry for asking a stupid question:

Basically I want to access the QNX photon in a laptop via VNC in my XP. I have read most of the posts related to this topic and finally got it right. But I still cannot see the photon session in the VNC viewer as most of you had experienced - I can only see an X term. So I downloaded phinx.630.gz, and gunzip it. I then “chmod +x phinx.630”. But when I run it, it will display “cannot connect to 127.1”. Are there anything I missed or I did wrong?

Thanks a lot for your inputs and good weekend,
J.C.

In order to run phinx, you need to make sure the “inetd” is running and the line about “phrelay” is uncommented in /etc/inetd.conf

BTW, if you have downloaded and installed xfree86 4.3.x from OpenQNX sourceforge, you should have
/usr/X11R6/bin/phx
/usr/X11R6/bin/phinx

The first is the wrapper script that you need to run to startup phinx. You need to replace the second file with your new phinx.630.

Thanks for the information. They are very helpful to me so far. I followed the suggestions, but in my XP’s VNC viewer, when I typed in the command of “phx”, it will display the following:

$phx
Starting Remote Photon Session
Starting Photon In X…
$ unknown symbol: PhLock
unknown symbol: ps_obj_open

Could not resolve all symbols

If I used command phinx in VNC viewer, the same “Could not connect to 127.1” error occured just as before I installed XFree86.

By the way, when I installed the XFree86 in the QNX laptop inside Photon using "tar zxf /home/user/xf86-4301-qnx6-bin.tar.gz, there are the following error messages:
tar: usr/X11R6/bin/XPhoton, could not create File: Resource busy
tar: error exit delayed from previous errors.

Any idea of what goes wrong?

Thanks a lot,
J.C.

1. Regarding your “unknonw symbol” error. It looks like you have multiple versions of “phinx” installed on your system. Do a “which -a phinx” and see. Also check to see if there is a copy in /usr/photon/bin directory.
    You need to clean it up and make sure you only have one copy: the one from phinx.630.

2. Regarding your “Could not connect” error. Did you follow my suggestions above?

I am facing similar somewhat issue with Phinx, I am running Xming/PuTTY-SSH session from Windows, trying to run Phinx remotely. I see the login screen, however I am unable to type anything. Mouse seems to work fine. I have QNX632, and got Phinx from XF86 (4.3.2) port.
Any help solve this problem would be great help.
Thx

I am facing some what similar issue with Phinx, I am running Xming/PuTTY-SSH session from Windows, trying to run Phinx remotely. I see the login screen, however I am unable to type anything. Mouse seems to work fine. I have QNX632, and got Phinx from XF86 (4.3.2) port.
Any help solve this problem would be great help.
Thx

I believe phinx from XF86 (4.3.2) port is an old one that only works for QNX 6.2.X.
Attached is a phinx for 6.3.x that I found on the Net. Hopefully it will work for you. Just gunzip it and make it executable.