Changing size of pterm with in a running program

Hello everybody,
How can i change the size of the pterm from my running application.
( I mean my pterm, not another window).

Thanks,
Matan.

Hello Matan

Can you be a little more specific? Do you mean the pterm that you run your application from or
do you mean a terminal widget that is inside your application?

Thanks
Rodney

David V. <davidv@elisra.com> wrote:

Hello everybody,
How can i change the size of the pterm from my running application.
( I mean my pterm, not another window).

Thanks,
Matan.

Hi Rodney,
I’m sorry i wasn’t specific enough.
I mean: changing the pterm that i run the application from.

Thanks alot,
Matan.

Gui Group wrote:

Hello Matan

Can you be a little more specific? Do you mean the pterm that you run your application from or
do you mean a terminal widget that is inside your application?

Thanks
Rodney

David V. <> davidv@elisra.com> > wrote:
Hello everybody,
How can i change the size of the pterm from my running application.
( I mean my pterm, not another window).

Thanks,
Matan.

Hey David

You can use the “stty row=#rows,#columns” to resize your terminal from your
applcation. This should resize the pterm.

Thanks
Rodney

David V. <davidv@elisra.com> wrote:

Hi Rodney,
I’m sorry i wasn’t specific enough.
I mean: changing the pterm that i run the application from.

Thanks alot,
Matan.

Gui Group wrote:

Hello Matan

Can you be a little more specific? Do you mean the pterm that you run your application from or
do you mean a terminal widget that is inside your application?

Thanks
Rodney

David V. <> davidv@elisra.com> > wrote:
Hello everybody,
How can i change the size of the pterm from my running application.
( I mean my pterm, not another window).

Thanks,
Matan.

Hey David

Another way that you could do it would be to use escape sequences in a printf

In ANSI mode, it’s

ESC [ 8 ; ; t

i.e.

printf( “\33[8;%d;%dt”, rows, columns );

In QNX mode, replace the ‘[’ with a ‘/’.

This should also work

Thanks
Rodney

Gui Group <gui@qnx.com> wrote:

Hey David

You can use the “stty row=#rows,#columns” to resize your terminal from your
applcation. This should resize the pterm.

Thanks
Rodney

David V. <> davidv@elisra.com> > wrote:
Hi Rodney,
I’m sorry i wasn’t specific enough.
I mean: changing the pterm that i run the application from.

Thanks alot,
Matan.

Gui Group wrote:

Hello Matan

Can you be a little more specific? Do you mean the pterm that you run your application from or
do you mean a terminal widget that is inside your application?

Thanks
Rodney

David V. <> davidv@elisra.com> > wrote:
Hello everybody,
How can i change the size of the pterm from my running application.
( I mean my pterm, not another window).

Thanks,
Matan.