I think I’ve found a bug in packager.
Let’s have an example:
- I create a sample xpackage.qpk file from a qpm file.
In the qpm file I add this line:
As you can see, I change the name of the so to a .so.1 file.
If I leave .so ONLY everything goes fine. But when I specify a .so.1 file I
have to use component=“slib”. But (…) if I specify component=“slib”
packager generates not one, but TWO slib packages:
one called slib, and the other one called slib-slib:
Sorting files into the required packages.
Creating the directory structure.
Copying files to be packaged…OK
Adding scripts and repository data.
The following packages have been detected:
“phscrs” is the CPU-independent package.
“phscrs-host_x86” is the x86-specific package.
“phscrs-dev” is the CPU-independent package of “dev”.
“phscrs-dev-target_x86” is the CPU-independent package of
“dev” for developing x86 code.
“phscrs-slib” is the CPU-independent package of “slib”.
“phscrs-slib-host_x86” is the x86-specific package of “slib”.
“phscrs-slib-slib” is the CPU-independent package of “slib-slib”.
“phscrs-slib-slib-host_x86” is the x86-specific package holding
just the shared library files of “slib”.
Ok, what’s the need of generating a package holding just the shared
libraries when slib ALREADY contains the same library.
slib and slib-slib are identical.
Packager here seems to recognize slib as a new package, not the
“slib” package (unless I’m doing something wrong and slib package
is referred to something else).