newbie questions involving io-net and SP1&2

Hello all,

I am new to the QNX community having just installed the QNX eval for 6.3. I have already stumbled across three different issues and I was wondering if anyone could help me with them. I am pretty new to QNX and unix in general and so any help would be appreciated.

1. Whenever I shutdown my system, the process closer stops at io-net and the machine hangs there. What could be the cause of this?

2. Is there anyway to get service packs 1 and 2 without registering my eval key? Although I downloaded the iso from qnx.com, they have yet to send me any kind of key and so I am using one that has expired. Are service packs 1 and 2 even necessary?

3. The video card driver is just the vesa one, and my video card is a radeon mobility. Where can I get seperate drivers for my video card?

edit*4) also, I can only boot if I disable ISA plug and play support in the enum menu. How can I disable this from starting permanantly?
Thanks!

Okay, so apparently my radeon is detected and enabled correctly in version 6.2.1 of qnx. However, then my network card gives me trouble. Also, if figured out how to disable the plug and play isa enum from loading, but my machine stil hangs on shutdown. In fact, it hangs everytime I close io-net. I thought microkernels were designed to prevent crashes?

After nearly pulling my hair out trying to get everything working, I have figured somethings out. FIrst of all, 6.2.1 seems to be a better bet for me. It has the radeon drivers so the GUI is actually useable. However, I could not get my realtek card to work with the driver set from 6.2.1. Interestingly enough, I was able to take the prism driver from 6.3.0 and use it with my wireless card. So thank G-D I now have working internet and the gui is functional. However, my machine still likes to hang while shutting down. Sometimes it is actually able to complete the shutdown and close all processes but sometimes it cannot and it just hangs.

Perhaps someone has some ideas as to how I can attack this problem?

Okay, so commenting out the last line in rc.devices actually took care of the shutdown problem. Everything is now working 100% thank G-D. Does anyone know if there are drivers out there for ac97 compatible sound chips? Audio isn’t a huge deal though, so I am not stressing over it. Anyway, if I have any more questions I’ll be sure to post them here. I think i’d like to find a replacement shell first.

Okay, so after installing momentics,my radeon drivers somehow get all messed up and I can no longer use them. Does anyone know what might be causing this? As of right now I am using the high speed vesa drivers and they seem to work okay but its a shame to lose out on some of the performance.