how to install qnx as a single os on pc?

can qnx be loaded as a single os (without windows), if so how?
please help

of course you can !
download the .iso from QNX website, burn it with your favourite WIN CD maker software, and boot your pc with that CD.
you will be guided through the necessary steps.
good luck and welcome to the community !
regards HELGE

thanks

Hi, I am a new in this list I have a problem, my PC are broken the serial port an a friend give me another PC, but they aren’t the same type .
I put the HDD and the system can’t start up, because after the reconize the hdd, the PC freeze.

T.I.A.

jesus

Hi, I am a new in this list I have a problem, my PC are broken the serial port an a friend give me another PC, but they aren’t the same type .
I put the HDD and the system can’t start up, after the reconize the hdd, the PC freeze.

T.I.A.

jesus

Jesus,

It sounds like the new PC your friend gave you implements the IDE controller in a slightly non-standard manner with regards to DMA access(compared to the original one).

First, make sure Plug-And-Play O/S is disabled in the Bios on the PC.

Second, when you boot QNX and you see the line 'Press the space bar to input boot options or D to Disable DMA…â€

Hi, another QNX know-nothing here

do you mean QNX Momentics 30-day Eval - QNX Neutrino x86 Host?

My PC is an older x86 laptop, and Windows XP and several Linux distros (& PC-BSD) run really slow on it. I don’t want to run those OSes and QNX on top, just QNX directly. So is that “neutrino host” the option I want?

Thanks in advance.

PS I’m a non-commercial user not interested in developing. Is it possible to download just the OS & user apps (like web browser) without all the developer tools?

as far as I know, QNX version 6.3 is 30-day-eval, and after that it still works fine, just without the developer tools. which ones, that’s where my memory fades … I threw it out some time ago, because privately I also run a very old laptop (shame on me !), and would not recommend it to you. well, depends on what you understand with ‘old’ (in our company we use 3 year old ACERs, and to openly say, they don’t rock any more …)
far more interesting : is your hardware supported ? there is a link at QNX’s official website ‘supported hardware’; so if, for example, your network interface is not, you might as well give it a try at eBay; ‘old’ pcmcia nics at very low prices, and 10BASE-T is enough for your home net.
finally, I recommend that you, with your ‘old’ laptop, try out QNX version 6.2.1, just to get a basic idea of what is waiting for you. it is fair enough for home use, but you will need to download some additional ported software.
QNX version 6.2.1 : downloadable still from some mirrors, search this forum or google
third party software : downloadable still from QNX’s unsupported repository I believe, or I could send you the cd (surface mail, 400MB).
good luck ! HELGE

ouch …

guess I forgot to answer your questions :
no, you cannot download a fat-free version
yes, QNX Neutrino x86 Host is good for you

HELGE