successfully ported netcat 0.7.1

Hi there,
I wanted to let you know, that I was able to build netcat 0.7.1 on
Neutrino 6.3.0 by simply downloading the source from
netcat.sourceforge.net/ extracting and making it on my target
as described in INSTALL.

As I am new to the list/forum I do not know where to place the binary, please give me a hint on this.
Bye,
steve

You can just tar and gzip the binaries and attach it to the post, if it is not too big.

It’s cool if some geeks like you are that great to compile any program for any platform. I have nearly no success and am losing hour by hour on each program I try to compile… :cry:

It would really be great if you would NOT ONLY tell that you succeeded, but explain at least the exact way (cross-compile or not and from which configuration, modified some files and so on) or at best, post full archives including executables! If only usable Makefiles were made available, that would help a bit.

Now I’m giving up and have to search another solution, sorry.

It’s cool if some geeks like you are that great to compile any program for any platform. I have nearly no success and am losing hour by hour on each program I try to compile… :cry:

It would really be great if you would NOT ONLY tell that you succeeded, but explain at least the exact way (cross-compile or not and from which configuration, modified some files and so on) or at best, post full archives including executables! If only usable Makefiles were made available, that would help a bit.

Now I’m giving up and have to search another solution, sorry.