need help in making basic commands work from QNX

Hi All,

I have made an build file of QNX 6.2 which runs from a Compact Flash. The image gets booted and on the console window, commands like ls, cd, ping etc work.

But i need some commands like also to work from the booted image.

1. clear 2) delete 3) mv 4) cp 5) vi

I did an objdump -x which clear |grep NEEDED, for each othe commands above. It seems they only require one library file.
libc.so.2

I have included this file in the build file. I am also adding a little snipped from the build file of the commands that i need. If someone knows what error I am making, or how i can make these commands work…please help.

[data=copy]

Other binaries

pci-bios
seedres
devc-ser8250
devc-pty
devb-eide
pipe
sh
pdebug
mkdir
cp
rm
mv
vi
clear
chmod
ped
cat
ls
pidin
ping
mount
ifconfig

thanks,

What error are you seeing?
rm/cp/mv should just work.
vi/clear will need the terminal info, you need to include /usr/lib/terminfo/

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘delete’, there is only’ rm’ AFAIK.

hi,
thanks for replying.

yes you are right rm/cp work
and yes…i did not mean ‘delete’ i meant ‘rm’ and it works

If i type clear, it spews out ‘qansi’ unknown terminal type
if i type vi , unrecognizable term type

i also figured out as you have mentioned that this isneeded usr/lib/terminfo/q/qansi

I have a set in my buildfile

These env variables inherited by all the programs which follow

SYSNAME=nto
TERM=qansi

I have also given the path to qansi, in the build file…but it still does not recognize the clear command.

noc: when you say, i have to include…is it the same thing as writing the path in the buildfile. it would be great help, if you can show me as to how its done…thanks a lot

thanks,

/usr/include/terminfo needs to be included in your build file. Take a look at this openqnx.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t1984-.html

thanks noc for the link. Its working now. You have been great help :slight_smile: