6.2.1 install errors

Hi,
I am a new user evaluating QNX. I downloaded ver 6.2.1 from the website and burnt it on a CD. I could run QNX from the CD but cannot instal it n a partition.it comes to the stage of hardware detection and does not find any.then it locksup. i ahev to hit f12 and restart it.

Can anyone tll me how I cna get rid of thi problem.
Thanks

Srikant

Hi,
I am a new user evaluating QNX. I downloaded ver 6.2.1 from the website and burnt it on a CD. I could run QNX from the CD but cannot instal it n a partition.it comes to the stage of hardware detection and does not find any.then it locksup. i ahev to hit f12 and restart it.

Can anyone tll me how I cna get rid of thi problem.
Thanks

Srikant

hi
i forgot to mention the error also.in non verbose mode i get “could not get drive info for /dev/hd0” message

bye
srikant

HI,
well I got no reply from anyone. :angry: . but thats ok I could finally solve the problem. it was bcos of my harddisk.i was using a compaq scsi HD.when i installed it on a diff machine with an IDE controller disk it worked.
bye
srikant

Dear sritel. lot of people do here everything just to make our questions answered. but don’t you think that beeing angry because no-one answered you in that short period of time? Luckily, You are probably a very dextrous man if You managed to fix the problem within 6(!!!) hours!
Just to mention, it took me two weeks to get my 6.2.1 installed… :slight_smile:
PS:of course, i haven’t been at my pc all the time…
lot of luck with Your qnx. mrk.