mysql 5

Hi, does anybody have the binaries of php4 or php5 compiled with mysql5, and mysql5?

thanks

What is the problem of building all that from sources?

mysql 5 binary for QNX 6 can be downloaded from

dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html

php should probably just compile fine as MikeP suggested.

I downlodad the binary and worked fine. There’s some graphical or non graphical interface other than phpmyadmin??
thanks

hi salinas2003, I also have downloaded this binary and configured it . But I don’t konw where is the mysql.sock. I have found it in “/” path. without it mysql can’t run . Please give me some help. Thanks!

I recently had a rather exciting debugging experience involving the latest versions of MySQL, PHP, and Apache. It was only with lots of hints and encouragement from this community that I succeeded. With respect to binaries, for PHP and Apache, they can work if your needs are limited. They both have a lot of optional features that need recompiles and possible package downloads to be turned on. While attempting to get them to configure/make/install, I ran into a lot of problems with the default set of tools that comes with QNX 6. The more updated versions at mike.qnx.org.ru/qopencd/repository.html didn’t work for me as well, although probably do to my incompetance. In the end, I found the only good way to deal with this was to go back to the source files and compile them myself. There are many such packages that seem obscure at first.
Most of the required packages configured/make/install without any special attention. There were a few code buglets that had to be dealt with here and there, eg. make_dev() in QNX 6 has 3 args, unlike the apparent usual 2, and missing ushort_t definitions.

The real problem came with trying to get mod_php, or libphp5.so, its real name, built and working. Even with the latest Automake/Autoconf/Libtools, something didn’t work right. I eventually found a work around and got this going.

Even with a fairly fast cpu, this was very time consuming. Of course a lot of time was lost because almost every trial and error cycle had to include a “make clean”. I’ll be happy to assist if you want to attempt this.

If you aren’t trying to get MySQL and PHP working with Apache, the job is much simpler. Even then I don’t recommend binaries as might find options that are missing or mismatched. As an example, there are two MySQL interface packages for PHP, the mysql_() and mysqli_() versions. They are the old, and new versions respectively. You need to choose the right one based on whether you are on a newer MySQL (5.0 certainly qualifies), or and older (Probably < 4.2) version. While it is possible that PHP might come with both interfaces enabled, I’ve read somewhere that this alone can cause some obscure problems.

Good Luck