Using non commercial QNX at university?

Hi, i think about using QNX for a university project. It is going to be a non profit system. It will not reselled. Can i use the non commercial version for that or must I pay for it?
Thanks for your reply. :slight_smile:

QSSL may still have some educational version check it out.

The non commercial concept isn’t what it use to be. I mostly and evalulation version for 30 days and it becomes non commercial (read cripple) after 30 days.

Mario - just how crippled is the latest non commercial version - I haven’t been able to find much on it?

Is the OS is it functional - but without the development gui? Or is the functionallity of the OS also reduced after 30 days.

The Os is fully fonctionnal, is some of the development stuff that is turned off. I don’t know of any list that describe what exactly is turned off.

Thanks for your replies.

For Programming: Are the realtime capacities turned off for development on the non commercial? Or in other words: Can I develop a realtime programm on the base of the non commercial?
It wouldn’t be good if i had to give up my project. :slight_smile:

Seriously, if you are a student at University, you don’t need to worry about having a crippled version. If you aren’t faculty or a graduate student, then just have a faculty member sign as a sponsor.

The program details are at qnx.com/company/education.

If the crippled version never runs out and the measuring of two events are working, i don’t need to sign the programm. I only want to make a programm which plays a video and measures the reaction time between the appearing of a certain frame in the video and pressing of a button.

IANAL, but AFAIK; you would technically violate the terms of the evaluation program by continuing to use the product (in any capacity) after the evaluation period expired.