Free Disk partitioning software

Hi all,

I am trying to install QNX Neutrino on my laptop. Currently the whole disk is occupied by Windows XP. Can anyone suggest/link a good free disk partitioning system for reducing my WinXP (NTFS) partition and make room for QNX?

Thanx,
KT

By luck I stumble on this, have no idea if it’s good or bad.

thefreecountry.com/utilities … mage.shtml

Hi,

I have tried each and every partition software mentioned on that page. But none seems to work. Last night i tried SystemRescure CD on that page and it almost ruined the HDD of my laptop.

So, does anyone have a good disk partition software that i can use to resize my NTFS partition of WinXP and install a QNX partition?

Awaiting your help.

Thanx,
KT

If you are feeling lucky try the following tools:

Partition Logic:
partitionlogic.org.uk/

• Based on the Visopsys operating system. Boots from a CD or floppy disk and runs as a standalone system.

Dfsee:
dfsee.com/dfsee/index.php

• My favourite disktool. Not free, but evaluation version is available. Really powerful tool. I am not sure that it can resize a bootable NTFS partition. I advice you to make a backup info before you try to do it.

–jalih

Thank you Jalih,

Dfsee worked and now I installed an old version of QNX i.e QNX 6.2.1 on my laptop. Presently trying to figure out how to configure it to connect to the internet using my office LAN. Will come up with some new questionns soon. Until then,

Thanx once again,
KT

I’ve had luck so far using the GParted LiveCD.

Homepage: gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

A review: linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/04/25/1917228