resmgr_attach

Hi,
resmgr_attach returns -1 when process starts from session being not root or superuser. If it is started from root or su, then it is OK. How to cope with ?!?!
Thanks

chmod +s program. But it will be running as root. No other choice resmgr_attach can only be used by root program.

Thank you mario. It does not sound very good, but the bad news is also news.
Regards!

Sorry, but what is bad about a resource manager having to be root? QNX is a microkernel, resource managers are operating system services. If we were discussing a monokernel, no one would be surprised if you required root access to install a kernel module.

Rennie

Yes but it’s also a an IPC method, which happends to be based on POSIX, too bad that it’s restricted to root. Resmgr don’t have to be drivers (or equivalent of kernel module), I think resmgr_attach should allow non-root but check if according to user permision it as permission to map itself in the requested path. But I understand this could create security problem. But I’m sure there are solution to this. It’s my guess QSS decided to limit the usage to simplify their life ;-)