trying to change ip address

Hi there,

We recently moved one of our QNX machines to a new network, and now I am having a hard time getting network working again. I changed /etc/hosts, and tried to change the ip with ifconfig, and even went through the stuff in the manual where it reloads the ethernet driver, as well as, of course, rebooting. It appears to have the new ip. If I type ifconfig en1, I get this:

en1: flags=8863 <UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,SIMPLE,MULTICAST> inet 128.95.153.237 netmask ffff0000 broadcast 128.95.153.255

but I can’t ping anything, and the output for netmask is still referring to the gateway of the old subnet:
default 128.95.53.100 UG 0 6 en1

Seems like maybe I missed a config file somewhere, but can’t figure out what that would be.

Thanks for any help,

cheers,
maria

You don’t need any config file to get basic TCP/IP ( not even /etc/hosts).

How do you start TCP/IP. What version of TCP/IP is it.

Look at your /etc/net.cfg file. This is set up by phlip / netmanager
utilities. When in doubt set everything to manual and play with
‘ifconfig’ / ‘route’.

Regards,

-seanb

Sean, this is a QNX4 forum ;-)

Oops. Never mind me then :slight_smile:

-seanb

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I did feel like this should be easy, but can’t quite figure it out… This is what I thought should work:

ifconfig en1 128.95.153.237 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 128.95.153.255 up

I’m not sure what you mean by which version of tcp/ip I have, or how to figure it out.

thanks,
maria

Post output of sin ver, netmap, cat /etc/netmap and netinfo -l

Well, I seem to have networking working again. I found a script /etc/config/bin/tcpip.1 that was calling route with the old subnet. Changing that seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for your help,
Maria