Qnet help please--QNX newbie!

I am a QNX newbie, and I need to communicate between two computers over the internet (for distributed application). Someone referred me to Qnet, and I’ve been trying to get it working. I found example code in the documentation, but it only works when server & client are run on the same computer. [It doesn’t work on two computers, client on one, server on the other] I’m tempted to use sockets, but don’t want to deal with that mess.

Can someone help me find out why Qnet isn’t working on two computers. When I try:
ls /net/computer1 (where computer1 is hostname of other computer)

I just get “ls: No route to host” What does this mean?

If no one can help…can someone at least point me to some good documentation online about Qnet message passing code or Qnet sockets?

Oh yeah, and I’m using QNX 6.3.

Thanks,
Ann

If the result to “ls /net” is “computer1” then try “ls /net/computer1/” to see what is on the root.
If “ls /net” does not show “computer1” then your network is not set up yet. You might need to start the qnet driver on each machine, if you haven’t already:

mount -T io-net /lib/dll/npm-qnet.so

Note that npm-qnet.so is just a pointer to the real driver which could be either:
npm-qnet-compat.so or npm-qnet-l4_lite.so. Both need to be the same.

If you need to go over INTERNET ( as suggestion in your post) you need to setup QNET to go over IP. This is well explain in the documentation on qnet.