Question regarding QNX 6.3 SP3 under VMware 5.5 and Qnet

I have QNX6.3 SP3 working well under vmware.
Where I do have an issue is with the “Bridged” networking when it is bridged to my “Wireless” card on my notebook. When I start “qnx” networking so that I can use “/net” to move files from node to node I receive “No Route to Host” or “Host Down”. When I bridge the “Wired” connection on my notebook, I am going through the same AP/Switch, the “/net” connection works just fine with no issues. I thought it may be a Firewall issue on my notebook blocking the VMnet adapter (Adapter 0) but turning of the firewall doesn’t help.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I’m thinking this may be a timing issue, where the wireless network is just a bit slower causing things to time out, but I am not 100% sure.

Thoughts/Ideas/Suggestions are welcome.

TIA
M

VMware has some issue with wireless, the issue is that some wireless setup don’t really support promiscuous mode.

Thanks for the information. I do have another wireless card I can try and verify this.

Usually it`s not only the network card that is the problem but the bridge that links the wireless network with the wired network.

The problem with wireless is that for VMware to work it actually have to specify a different MAC address to the network card, this doesn’t fit well with wireless technology.

It would be a lost simpler and reliable if setup VMWare to use NAT and qnet to run over IP.

I dropped my bridged connection and setup a NAT connection and had the same issue, my wireless card is the only adapter that is active at the moment.
I’m guessing that you are stating use a diffenent setting when stating to run qnet over IP

Does TCP/IP works, can you ping another machine. If so then you vmware setup is ok, all you need to do is setup qnet to run over IP (check the doc)