DST change for 4.25?

Is there an update or some way to change the DST start/end times in 4.25? A quick search around here revealed a thread for newer versions, but not for 4.

There is an enviromental variable called TZ. Look in the helpviewer for “timezone” and you will find some informations and exmaples. Or look for “timezone” at qnx.com

E.g. for eastern Timezone in the US with the new start and ending time:

export TZ=EST5EDT4,M3.2.0/02:00:00,M11.1.0/02:00:00

where M3.2.0 means second (2) sunday (0) of March (3) at 2AM

qnx.com/developers/qnx4/dst_changes.html

Fantastic. Thanks to both of you.
From the first reply, I figured I need CST6CDT5,M3.2.0/02:00:00,M11.1.0/02:00:00
The link in the second reply shows CST06CDT05,M3.2.0/2,M11.1.0/2 for central. I guess all those 0s are optional?

Yes.

The Helpviewersays about the offset (6 or 5 in your case):
[…] The hour (hh) is required, and may be a single digit […]
and about the time (2:00:00):
[…] Time has the same format as offset […]

Now this is odd. When I make the change the clock jumps an hour ahead. The previous setting was just cst06cdt. (I’m not sure who set that up) I was changing it to CST06CDT05,M3.2.0/2,M11.1.0/2 or equiv. I tried changing the date in the BIOS to before and after the new time change. Either way I end up with the same time; one hour ahead of what I should have currently.

OK, I guess I’m just off my game today. I stepped away to look at something else for a while, then came back and realized I used a ‘m’ in the line instead of ‘M’
:blush:

Also, make sure your /etc/config/sysinit.$NODE has rtc hw rather than the rtc -l hw.