USB Access from QNX

Hi,
There is an requirement in my project to playback an audio/video from USB MSB. Does QNX support all USB drivers and USB protocol to access the USB MSB when we connect the same? I guess that QNX provides all the stuff we have to mount the device when the USB MSB is inserted on the TARGET. How to access the file system of the USB? Does QNX support to access any kind of file system in the USB device?

For example: I have some audio and video files in the USB MSD. How to access the same? I’m not sure about the file system supported by QNX to access the USB MSD.

Can you please clairfy

Regards,
~Subu

/sbin/io-usb -dehci -dohci -duhci &
/bin/waitfor /dev/io-usb
/sbin/devb-umass cam pnp
When you insert USB flash drive with some fs, you see in /dev/hd1tXX when XX - type of fs on you flash (79,77-qnx4 fs, 11-fat32, 66-ntfs (on my mind)…)

Hi,
Thanks for your information. You meant to say that /dev/hd1tXX XX would change based on the file system of the USB MSD? If so, how do I create the mount point with /dev/hd1tXX when I insert the USB flash drive. (hd1tXX if XX is variable based on the USB flash drive file system)

Please clarify.

/sbin/io-usb -dehci -dohci -duhci &
/bin/waitfor /dev/io-usb
/sbin/devb-umass cam pnp

Now, for example, if you insert USB flash with fat32 fs, in /dev/ would be hd1t11, than type “mount -tdos /dev/hd1t11 /mnt/dos”, that is all.

Hi,
I understand that we have to mount the drive (/dev/XXXX) based on the file system in the USB flash. But how do I know the the file system in the USB flash to use the appropriate drive name in the mount command. Is there any mechanism to find the same and mount it accordingly? Actually I want to do all the steps in the script file whenever USB flash is inserted. (generic scirpt to mount all kind of file system in the USB flash)

Thanks,
Subu

devb-umass cam pnp blk automount=+/dev/hd1t11:/fs/usb-flash-dos:dos,automount=+/dev/hd1t77:/fs/usb-flash-qnx:qnx4,automount=+/dev/hd1t79:/fs/usb-flash-qnx6 &