Momentics Windows or QNX?

Do you use momentics under windows or QNX

• Windows
  • QNX
  • QNX with Phindows

0 voters

I was wondering how most users are developing complex QNX 6/Photon real-time applications.

Are you using Momentics under windows or QNX?

If Momentics on QNX are you using Phindows?

The issues for me are IDE stability, CVS implementation, high resolution graphics (Windows drivers vs. QNX drivers). I assume these issues are the same for everyone and wanted to get advice on what works best for you.

Thanks

Vaughn

I use it under Windows. More stable, faster and last IDE 4.0 isn’t available self hosted. I’m told it’s even faster (or less slow… ) under Linux 64bit with a 64 bit VM. I tried once with XP64 and a 64bit VM but i couldn’t really tell if there was a difference.

I have been using Phindows since the QNX4 days and been hooked ever since.

Thanks Mario - I know that you are not happy with self hosted Momentics.

Are you running IDE 4.0? Are you using it for QNX6 project or just as an editor for QNX 4 (I saw a posting of yours that mentioned this)

Anyone else with input???

Yes using IDE 4.0.

I’m using it as an editor mostly. Our source code build both under QNX4 and QNX6. I have modified our makefiles are related tools to build under Windows that works ok. However I have find that make under Windows (probably because of the IDE) can only launch one job. This slow down the compilation a lot since the QNX6 machine i use has 2 core and can compile MUCH faster then the Windows box.

So I still prefer to launch make on the QNX6 box. I have a triple setup monitor, one monitor for the IDE and one monitor for phindows.

IDE 4.0 did it for you huh? Good :slight_smile:

Really? You don’t use debugging/system profiler/memory analysis/etc.?

And one for youtube… Nice… ;-)

Rennie

IDE 4.0 did it for you huh? Good :slight_smile:

Yes and no, before IDE 4 I was using CDT 4.0 (alpha). Has nice features, but wasn’t as stable. When IDE 4.0 came out I tried that and prefer the stableness over the new features of CDT 4

I’m using it as an editor mostly.
Really? You don’t use debugging/system profiler/memory analysis/etc.?

Most of the stuff I do is QNX4. For QNX6 because we use our own make files it is causing me some problem. The IDE4 always complain that I don’t have the proper version of qconn although I followed the upgrade procedure. I will get back to this when it becomes a life and death scenario. I am also the only one in the company with the professional version hence it’s very low priority to get this going. Everybody else is using Eclipse and the CDT without any QNX specific stuff since most of them are doing QNX4.

Plus although I have modified our makefile to build on QNX6/Windows it’s still very clumsy. The big problem I have is that under QNX4 our build architecture will first start to build tools required further down the build path. But under QNX6/Windows it’s impossible to build these tools since they would need to be Windows binaries.

I have a triple setup monitor, one monitor for the IDE and one monitor for phindows.
And one for youtube… Nice… :wink:

LOL, the third is use for email and holding some of the IDE windows ( Project, outline, index). The middle screen is an LCD in portrait mode which is create to work thet code cause you can see lots of line at the same time!

Me Windows too

since there was another post i read before and posted there:
openqnx.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t8936-.html

Dual Monitor here, one QNX (not Phindows ^^) one Windows IDE4 (20" now, since you need a lot of space and still want to see a lot of lines of code)