New Repositories qnxpub621.iso is old

Are there any new, up to date repositories for QNX 6.3.0?

I have the qnxpub621.iso, but it seems quite old, there versions in it.

I saw here on Openqnx some newer versions of apps I was looking for, but the links are dead.

Where can someone get newer QNX 3rd party packages?

THANKS

Check out the qopencd project:
openqnx.com/index.php?name=N … le&sid=350

Thanks this looks nice, by the way would this be the best most up to date repository for QNX?

THANKS

Yes, thanks to lestat.
QNX itself has abandoned the 3rd party repository since QNX 6.21.

My experience with Open source is ah ah, varied. ;-)

You often can download the latest version, configure/make/make install without trouble.
But not always. It is worth a shot.
Be prepared for endless dependencies.

What you can download Linux source, and compile it?

I’ve run Linux 10 years so I have no problem with compiling, I’ve just never used QNX so I don’t know much about it.

THANKS

I recently tried to update a bunch of the projects in the 3rd Repository. I had mixed results. Maintaining such a large collection would require a fair amount of time (and some expertise) dedicated to it.

-James Ingraham
Sage Automation, Inc.

The shape that QNX is in now is terrible.

I’d never pay to use this system right now in it’s present condition. :frowning:

DasFox said:

Oddly enough, if you’re paying for QNX it’s not bad. I haven’t been able to convince them that it is worth their effort to maintain ports open source tools, but they are remarkably responsive in general. And while there’s lots of stuff I can’t do (no Swing, to C++ TR1, etc.) the stuff I do have all works.

-James Ingraham
Sage Automation, Inc.

I ran into a company at the Embedded show that ports Java. They had a QNX partner’s logo up, but I don’t remember their name. They claimed that they could easily port Swing to QNX 6 if they had a paying customer. Just in case you were interested James.