Io-pkt-v6-hc unknown symbol error without a name

I am seeing the following when I run io-pkt-v6-hc on Qnx 7.1.

debug: Added libgcc_s.so.1 to link map
unknown symbol:  referenced from io-pkt-v6-hc
unknown symbol:  referenced from io-pkt-v6-hc
ldd:FATAL: Could not resolve all symbols

I am unable to figure out what symbol it thinks its missing. Am I not seeing something obvious.

I tried getting the trace on a system where it does work and see the following. What does this line mean? Added to link map, is there an file with no name?

debug: Added   to link map
debug: Added libslog2.so.1 to link map
debug: Added libsecpol.so.1 to link map
debug: Added ldqnx-64.so.2 to link map
debug: Added libc.so.5 to link map

I did a bit more changes to the ifs and narrowed it down to a resource manager. I have tried doing a diff between working and non working ones and I am unable to see why its causing the above issue.

It looks like your QNX image is missing a required shared library for io-pkt.

If you built the image yourself you might want to use the autoso feature to automagically include all the required libraries in your boot image.

https://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/7.1/#com.qnx.doc.neutrino.building/topic/buildfiles/autoso.html

Tim

I did add that, but I don’t think that’s the problem, because if I just replace that single file with the version that works without adding any new shared libs it does run correctly. I also ran patchelf to find the list of shared libraries it needs and all of them do exist in the ifs.

I tried a few more permutations and the following changes causes it to work again. It seems strip called by ifs is causing some problem.

-devf-nvram-zcu102=
+[+raw]
+devf-nvram-zcu102=
+[-raw]