My system dosen't recognize Ram

when it shows login page it shows 3Gig Ram but display 0 MB availabe !
How can i make it available?

I’m seeing the same problem on a Dell Precision 670 PC with 4GB of DDR2 SDRAM (4, 1GB DIMMs @ 400 MHz) in Dual Channel Mode. And GUI operations are very slow and jerky.

By default your 4G of ram ( with 6.3.2 ) aren’t fully use. You should get something like 3.3 or 3.6. You need to use Trinity M2 and a special version of pci-server to use all the available ram ( or go over 4G ).

By default your 4G of ram ( with 6.3.2 ) aren’t fully use. You should get something like 3.3 or 3.6. You need to use Trinity M2 and a special version of pci-server to use all the available ram ( or go over 4G ).

Please say more Mario. What is Trinity M2?

community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/vie … phaM2Build

I’m told the limitation with 4Gig was introduce in 6.3.x (don’t know exactly which version). In theory QNX supports up to 64Gig of ram

I was told that there is a bug with the memory info displayed on the login page. The command “pidin info” should report the actual amount of free/total memory that QNX recognizes (there’s a bug there too: Mb instead of MB).

I was also told, but haven’t yet confirmed, that I need to change my build file to add ‘-x’ as an argument to startup-bios in order to enable all 4GB of DRAM.

Finally, my video problem stems from my use of an nVidia graphics chip for which QNX does not have an accelerated graphics driver. (The problems with nVidia are well documented on OpenQNX.)