How to get information from slog under /var?

I have 1 CF card,it can’t work,in the /var/log I found one file named slog,the size is about 460M,Can i get any information from it?Is it necessary to use special tools?

xuyong,

sloginfo is the tool used to read the slog file.

Typically that file is not located where you found it so you may have to give the path of the file to sloginfo.

Tim

What can I know from the log?

May 11 20:13:27 2 5 0 scsi_interpret_sense: ASC_MEDIA_NOT_PRESENT
May 11 20:13:27 2 5 0 scsi_interpret_sense: error=70, sense=2, asc=3a, ascq=0
May 11 20:13:27 2 5 0 scsi_interpret_sense: path=1, target=1, lun=0, cam_status=c4, scsi_status=2
May 11 20:13:27 2 5 0 scsi_interpret_sense: path=1, target=0, lun=0, cam_status=c4, scsi_status=2
May 11 20:13:27 2 5 0 scsi_interpret_sense: path=1, target=0, lun=0, cam_status=c4, scsi_status=2

who can understand the information?btw how to control the output of the log?I want to the qnx system save the log to my harddisk,not on my cf card,the system is on cf card

Read the utility reference manual for “slog”. Or just do a “use slog”.

I can’t find the “slog” in helper,please give me a link.thanks

“slogger” is the utility program that provides the system loger service

(and it creates a /dev/slog device where the log messages are written at)

Please check also the “Controlling How Neutrino Starts” chapter in the Neutrino User’s Guide.

• Peter

please tell me what 's wrong of the hardware from the log info.

xuyong,

If what you posted is indeed from the CF card reader then it would seem to indicate it doesn’t see any card in the reader.

That may mean the CF card isn’t compatible with QNX or the CF card reader isn’t compatible with QNX.

What kind (brand) of CF card reader are you using? I assume it’s USB device? Also, what about the CF card itself. Who makes it?

Tim

I’m sure that it’s not the reason of cf card,for when this happens,qnx can boot from the cf card,btw i have two harddisk connecting to the main broad,Is it possible that it can read from them?

Xuyong,

I don’t understand.

If you can boot from the CF card then you HAVE to be able to read it. Otherwise you couldn’t boot.

Or are you saying you have 2 CF cards plugged into the CF reader?

Tim

I means 2 HD,except CF card plugged on main broad

Do you have any removable media (especially CD-ROM ^^).
If there is, just ignore the ASC_MEDIA_NOT_PRESENT, this just is a log that no CD is in the tray.

To be clear:
You are able to boot from the CF, but not able to read/write from/to your harddisks?

No CD-ROM
BTW,Can I disable the writing action of log to my cf card?

Check the docu for slogger, there is a description to create a own logfile, but i think the default device will always be generated

Xuyong,

So your setup is one CF card (which you boot from) and 2 HD’s. Is this correct?

Once QNX starts up, if you do a ‘df’ command what do you see?

Tim