The Ethernet chipset ISSUE / QNX 6.3 SP3

It seems the Ethernet driver devn-sis9.so under QNX 6.3 (service pack 3)
did not work properly with Ethernet chipset SiS 964L SouthBridge.
(Silicon Integrated Systems Corp.)

I can ping from the QNX to any host and also from any host to my QNX but when the ftp, telnet, phindows, voyager started, the IP traffic is stuck and the sloginfo displays the message “MORE bit to clear”.

Please help. Thank you

Trong

Hello Trong,
Please check QNX supported HW database at
qnx.com/developers/hardware_support/
Thanks,
Yuriy

Thanks Yuriy,

I checked already. It seems the support for SiS900 only. The newer SiS964L may be not

Hello,
Try to force the detection of the network card.
The following advice from my colleague Brian may help:

“Typically you can force the card to be detected by setting the VID and DID on the command line.

On the command line you can do the following:

pci -vv

This will list all detected PCI devices. You should be able to see that the network card was detected. Assuming this is the case, then you can get the Vendor ID and device ID from this listing, as well as the PCI Index.

Once you have this information, you can start io-net in the following manner (change the vid and did accordingly):

io-net -drtl vid=0xbebe,did=0xbeef,pci=0 -ptcpip

Verify that the card has been detected and started by running nicinfo.

From there, you can configure your ip/route/dns either manually or through DHCPâ€

Thanks yuriy,

I got a new trial version from QNX Community and it is working.

Trong

[quote=“ysinitsky”]
Hello,
Try to force the detection of the network card.
The following advice from my colleague Brian may help:

“Typically you can force the card to be detected by setting the VID and DID on the command line.

On the command line you can do the following:

pci -vv

This will list all detected PCI devices. You should be able to see that the network card was detected. Assuming this is the case, then you can get the Vendor ID and device ID from this listing, as well as the PCI Index.

Once you have this information, you can start io-net in the following manner (change the vid and did accordingly):

io-net -drtl vid=0xbebe,did=0xbeef,pci=0 -ptcpip

Verify that the card has been detected and started by running nicinfo.

From there, you can configure your ip/route/dns either manually or through DHCPâ€