SNMP on QNX6..

Where could I get a working version of SNMP which runs on QNX6.2.1B and which also supports programming using APIs? I also am planning to make a user defined MIB module.

TIA
–meph++

Have a look at snmpd and snmp* in the utilities reference. My QNX box responds to snmp calls. Also check snmp* in the library ref.
Also planning to make a MIB, please let know if you find some interresting implementing doc about this!

I wrote a stand-alone application that sends SNMPV1 traps using the ucd-snmp. My application has its own trap mib file. My problem is that the generated traps of my application arrive as embedded traps in ucdavis trap in HP-Openview manager. Does anyone know how can I cause the my own traps to appear as not embedded ?

QSS has stripped snmp* stuff from the free non commercial version (QNX NC), but since you mentioned QNX 6.2.1B, I assume you have the commercial version (QNX SE/PE) which , as starless mentioned above, should have snmp* stuff included.

maybe your MIB is no good. Are you importing the other UCD mibs that could make your application under the UCD enterprise tree?

I would suggest you ask your question in the ucd-snmp mailing list and you will find more experts there. I don’t see your problem a QNX specific one.

What is the simplest thing should I do to extend the functionality of the existing snmpd daemon? Could someone show me the procedure? I am planning to do some samplings of system resources and return the information to the requester using snmp protocol across the network.

–TIA–

I’ve read that ucd-snmp-4.2.6 can be used in QNX. then I downloaded it and try to install it in my QNX 6. I followed the instruction in INSTALL file. First, I executed “./configure”, it ran well. But when I executed “make”, it failed.

it prompted
minII/at.c:792: arithmatic on pointer to an incomplete type
…etc

then the make is stopped.

Then I downloaded net-snmp-5.1.1 but it acted the same after I do those 2 steps.

What should I do? Do someone here know how to solve it?

Try this. It is patched for QNX 6. client only though.