QNX 4 USB problems with some USB sticks

I’m using QNX 4.25 and I’m having trouble accessing some USB memory sticks. Fatfsys returns with a “corrupted file system /dos/c” on some USB sticks. I can’t find anything unique about the ones I’m having trouble with except they show up with a different Product ID on the “usb” query. I leave io-usb running and use script files to start and stop access so the sticks can be removed. All are formatted FAT32 and work fine on Windows machines.

To start:

slay -f Fatfsys
umount /dev/hd1
rm /dev/hd1
slay -f Fsys.umass
Fsys.umass &
sleep 3
Fatfsys &

To stop:

slay -f Fatfsys
umount /dev/hd1
rm /dev/hd1

[quote=“hinesb”]
IWe basically do the same except we never slay Fatfsys.

i.e. Fatfsys is always active

don’t have any issues at all

I tried leaving Fatfsys active with no sucess. Any chance you could send me a “sin ver” on your QNX? I’m wondering if there isn’t some version issue causing a problem.

I can set up a QNX partition and read/write QNX files without a problem. The problem seems to be only with Fatfsys access.

I found my problem. Some of the USBs being used had partition tables and some did not. I haven’t figured out why they aren’t consistent but detecting this and mounting appropriately fixed the problem. The strange thing is that if I deleted the partition table I couldn’t reformat them in Windows but those that came without the partition table worked fine in Windows.

Fsys.umass &
#!!!
mount -p /dev/hd1
Fatfsys &