Unable to Boot QNX 6.3.2 after installation

You could try chkfsys from 6.4. You could try to zap file folder that reports error and the restart chkfsys. However it looks like you have lost some files…

Hi Mario,

Could you please brief little bit more, what does this zap does, as per my understanding zap deleted the folder with bad blocks, but how to reconstruct them…??

Could please explain it to me… :smiley:

Thanks,
Praveen Peddi

Hi All,

I’ve reinstalled the OS as no major applications were running o the system and it’s a new machine.

Zap updates the directory that the file or directory you zap is in. This makes it unavailable through the directory structure but does not reclaim the lost blocks. These are still marked as used in the /.bitmap file. To clean up, you run chkfsys with no files open on the disk. Chkfsys rebuilds an image of /.bitmap and compares it with the original. If it finds blocks that can be reclaimed it does a read check to make sure they can be read.

BTW, if you are getting bad blocks, any bad blocks, you should get a new hard drive as quickly as possible. Modern drives automatically replace bad sectors until they run out of spares so a bad block is sure sign that the drive is in trouble.