qnx books

Hi all dear friends
I am going to start using QNX, my company is planning to buy few books that are really helpful , with examples code etc. which i think can give head start, covering various topics.Please suggest good titles and authors.
ThankYou.

Robert Krten books are great!.. I don’t know other books or authors…

qnx.com/developers/docs/6.4. … about.html

Yes, that’s right. The order is:

1. Bible
  2. qnx.com/developers/docs/6.4. … about.html
  3. Robert Krten’s books
  4. Ask the guy who knows…
  5. This forum, and Foundry27… :smiley:

JM

I’ve never read the bible but does it contain reference to QNX?

“…does it contain reference to QNX?â€

Really? Hey… I do not think there is a (at least direct) reference to QNX, but maybe you can give it a chance… :smiley:

Robert Krten’s 2nd book: The QNX Cookbook - Recipies for Programmers is probably better than his first book.

Tim

QNX has not been popular with authors to write book on it. Probably because its a small company with very limited user set. The books I found helpful are

1. Getting Started with QNX Neutrino 2 ( Rob Krten)
  2. QNX Neutrino RTOS 6.x system architecture. (By QNX)
    Next good thing is the QNX manaul in QNX website. When it comes to really tricky issues, you are on your own. Since you are starting a project, it may be a good idea to go with an OS with sufficient help from outside the company, like WindowsCE.

I don`t think you can compare Windows CE with QNX…

:slight_smile:

I think there aren’t that many books on QNX, because of two factors:

1. it is Posix conforming (thus there are dozens of general and real-time programming books already available)

2. the documentation that is QNX specific (non Posix) is covered quite well by the product documentation

There are 10’s of thousands of QNX developers, but there isn’t a lot of demand for books because of 1 & 2.

Comparing with WinCE which is completely proprietary (and thus can’t leverage the general Posix books) is an invalid comparison (not to mention that WinCE isn’t an RTOS).