Radeon 7500

Hi, I have just installed QNX 6.2.1 and I am unable to get my Radeon 7500 card working with anything better than the VESA drivers. In the graphics setup I am offered the radeon drivers, but if I select that option I am simply returned after 30 seconds or so to VESA mode. Any advice would be welcome as the 60Hz refresh rate is making me seasick!
And I don’t know if it is connected, but when I try to boot from the hard drive the process fails with an “out of range” message - ie the monitor settings are presumably out of range. I can only boot from the CD.

There are known issues with devg-radeon.so and the ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility. A new version of the driver will be available in an upcoming patch that may solve your problem. Unfortunately I don’t know the exact date of when this may be available. Someone else may be able to comment on that. BTW, same sort of problems exist on 9000 Mobility variant too.

In the meantime, you could try the experimental vesa driver (it has a virtual framebuffer) which is a lot faster than the stock QNX 6 version:
openqnx.com/Article209.html