QNX NEUTRINO 6.4 - BEGINNER NEED HELP!

QNX Beginner need help with my university thesis.

Hy everyone,
i just write my thesis at the university about the RTOS QNX Neutrino.

I would like to test the RTOS QNX Neutrino 6.4, and compare it with a GPOS like Windows XP or Windows Vista.
My problem is that i must do some test (for example test RAM & CPU usage, speed-test of the PC, TCP/IP tests, real time
atribute tests - and many more) with the RTOS QNX, and with the Windows-OS.
My question for you is:
Are there any (same) programs(applications) that i can install on both operating system (QNX & WINOWS OS) and make some
test with it?
And my other question is, can i do such comparisons with the programs(aplications) with QNX Neutrino and Windows XP
because one is a RTOS and the other one GPOS?

PS: Sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand my question & problem.

I thank you in advance for any help and your reply. Please Help me.

If you are testing the relative capabilities I would think that you would want to develop your own programs to target specific questions. For example, how fast can an application read the hard drive? How fast can an application respond to an interrupt. If you download “the same” program you are in for a surprise. The same program must be compiled, or run by an interpreter that was compiled. A program may end up using very different support libraries.

There are other issue which a single application won’t answer. How does the OS handle contention for resources for example?

As a bad example, try comparing Firefox. What you’ll find out is that when a very large group of individuals supports something (the windows version) the results are much better than when the port is left to a small number of individuals, regardless of the qualities of the OS.

I agree with Mitchell. If this is a thesis I don`t think running “off the shelf” stuff will cut it. You want to get to the nuts and bolts of it all. Come up with your own programs.