QNX and component models

Hi folks! :laughing:

Does anybody know if QNX supports component mdels like CORBA or (D)COM? In other operating systems this is the state of the art in software engineering today.

That old school UNIX message passing sucks! We are not in the middle ages anymore.

I want to send REAL OBJECTS instead!! :imp: :imp:

So guys, any ideas?

Greetings
BigBear

Iโ€™m pretty sure that there was a 3rd party providing CORBA for QNX at one time, but I donโ€™t know if it is still around. As Far as DCOM goes, a short quote from Wikipedia.

Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) is a proprietary Microsoft technology for communication among software components distributed across networked computers.

Anyone who thinks that a proprietary Microsoft technology is state of the art probably needs to find another message board to rant at. But who am I to say? Just pile that Big Bear manure on all you want and alienate all those who might have but not longer want to help you.

I donโ€™t want to work with the old school UNIX mess. Are there no alternatives? :unamused: Come on guys, no ideas? QNX is still in the middle ages. Forget it. :imp: