Building a Multimedia Streaming App to run on QNX

Hi,

For my Final Year Project, I have to build a multimedia streaming application that should be able to write, download and play a multimedia file from a remote server onto a local machine running the QNX RTOS (6.3.2 or 6.4.x)

Getting a commercial license for the QNX Aviage Multimedia Suite is not feasible and hence I’m looking for other alternatives to do this.

I’m thinking of developing the application using ffmpeg and SDL. Does anyone know if this will work out or have better suggestions? (I’m trying to build the MM Suite from the source code on the side)

Has anyone managed to build and run ffmpeg on QNX? Is there a guide somewhere? I’ve tried to build it on QNX using commands used to build in Linux but it won’t work.

Would building the whole application in Linux and then porting it onto QNX be a better option? How hard would it be to port?

Thanks ! :slight_smile:

Yup, we have ffmpeg running just fine with QNX, not a bit deal to port if you have the extra dependancies… You might also want to look at something like mplayer and then using a pipe front end to it. There is also gstreamer, but that’s a much bigger undertaking.

You can grab mplayer from here:
cranksoftware.com/services_s … source.php

Thomas

Hi,
I have been trying to build ffmpeg for QNX. But no success.
Can you give me any tips on how should I proceed to build it?
Or perhaps somewhere I could find the binaries for it…

Thx.

Best regards!

Hi,
I have been trying to build ffmpeg for QNX. But no success.
Can you give me any tips on how should I proceed to build it?
Or perhaps somewhere I could find the binaries for it…

Thx.

Best regards!