IDE debugging problem with dynamic library

Hello,

I am debugging an application in QNX IDE4.0.1, where i dynamically linked with two libraries, libxxx.so and libyyy.so, complied ok, but when i tried to debug it in the target via the debug function in the IDE, prompted the following errors and the IDE got stuck until restart it,

Libxxx.so.1: No such file or directory
Error while mapping shared library sections:
Libyyy.so.1: No such file or directory
Libxxx.so.1: No such file or directory
Libyyy.so.1: No such file or directory
Stopped due to share library event

Look forward to suggestions. Thank you.
Eric

There’s a global variable, like PATH that indicates where to look for shared libraries.
You can check it’s value this way:

getconf CS_LIBPATH

and you can add paths this way:

setconf CS_LIBPATH $(getconf CS_LIBPATH):/usr/local/lib

Thank you, maschoen. But since i built the os image for the target, thus “getconf” is not included in the image. Is there any other way that i can tell the executable application to link the libraries i transferred to the target? I put the executable file and libraries all in the same directory. But did not work. Thanks again.

Eric

The libraries has to be in the LIBPATH, unless you manually load them dlopen() in the program. I don’t know of any wait around this. Either you put the library in say /lib or you modify LIBPATH in the image to include the directory where they will be.

You can also set the env LD_LIBRARY_PATH i believe.

Mario,

This has always been a bit confusing to me so I hope this gets worked out here.   The CS_LIBPATH is what I needed to get pkgsrc working.    Isn't one of these variables just a message to the linker as to where to look?

Mitchell

Thanks, mario and maschoen. I have solved the problem. I checked my image build project and found the shared library directory located in /proc/boot. then i copied the two shared libraries to that location and online debugging worked fine then.

Regards,
Eric