PROBLEM DOWNLOADING USB DDK

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed QNX Neutrino SDP 6.5 for a Windows development machine (the target is a machine running QNX Neutrino 6.5). I have a 30 day license for this and it all works fine. The problem I get is when I am trying to download the USB Driver Development Kit from the QNX website. When I click on the link for the Windows Hosts it comes up with a page that says: “You must register a QNX SDP 6.4.x or QNX Momentics 6.3.x development seat” and expects a Product Serial and a Password.

I tried to put the same license key I received for the SDP but it doesn’t work. The serial key I have is of format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX and the expected Product Serial is of format XXXXXX-XXXXXXXX and the Password is XXXXX. I read the licensing information available and it says that I should be able to download the DDK using the same license. Does anyone know how to obtain the Product Serial and Password to be able to download the USB DDK? Did anyone have this problem before?

Thank you,
A

Just a quick thought on this. I had to get an upgrade from my 6.3.2/6.4.1 license key to use with 6.5. I was told that something was changed. Maybe the TDK is still using the old licenses. This leaves two options I can think of. 1) Request a temporary license for an 6.3.2 or 6.4.1 if that is possible. 2) Contact QNX.

Thank you! I have sent 2 emails to QNX to ask about this and am waiting for a reply. In the meantime I will try your suggestion with requesting a temporary license…I’m not sure how though. If you have any idea please let me know.

Cheers!

So QNX replied and they said the DDK is only available for a commercial license. Why would they do this?

QNX has back peddled a little on general open-ness. There was a change of corporate ownership recently. I don’t know if that has anything to do with it. Maybe they are starting to treat the non-commercial license as short term “try before you buy”. If so, I think it is too bad. You might want to see if you fit into their “Partner’s” program. There are benefits.

Hmmm, thank you very much for the reply. Maybe the University where I am working would fit as a partner. I will try and see. As for me as an individual student it’s a lot more difficult because one of the obligations is to have a commercially available QNX product out in 12 months :frowning:

Anyway, it’s a shame QNX restricts development only to commercial partners. I am building a driver for this computer science department in Poland which they will use to aid in their research. They have a QNX university license and do not have the DDK. Now I am stuck because of not having this DDK and I don’t even know if I can do it without it.

Can I build a driver for a USB attached frame grabber without the USB DDK?

Is there any more information about building USB drivers other than the page about USB DDKs in the Content Help?

Could I have access to some examples of USB drivers in QNX?

Thank you!

QNX is not restringing development as far as I know, they changed their policies on access to the source code.

SunDance, I would try to get in contact with a QNX rep. In the past they have been very helpful to people in academia.

That would be amazing!!! I can give you some details about myself and the uni where I am working:

My name is Alexandru Dan Sicoe and I am a 4th year undergraduate at The University Of York, UK, doing a course of Electronics and Computer Engineering. I am currently working on a summer intern-ship in the Technical University of Lodz, Poland. I’m in the computer science department called Katedra Informatyki Stosowanej (KIS). If there is any other information that could be useful please let me know.

Any contacts that you could give me would be much appreciated!

Thank you,
Alex

Alex,

I've talked with a QNX rep who would like to connect you with the local distributor.    He needs a Name, phone number and/or email address.

Mitchell

Sure!!!
My name is: Alexandru Sicoe
Phone: 0048791891517
E-mail: sicoe.alexandru@googlemail.com

Thanks again for all the help in this matter. I need to somehow sort this out, otherwise my project is compromised!

Cheers,
Alex

Alex,

I've forward this information on to QNX and to their rep:

Oksana Wojtkiewicz o.wojtkiewicz@swdsoft.pl

Good luck.

Mitchell

Mitchell,
Thank you so much for this contact. I will send an email now explaining my situation.

Man, I owe you a beer or two ;)

Cheers,
Alex