QNX 6.4.1 Support For Intel Core i7 Processor

Hi ,

I am currently using a Advantech board with SOM-5788 COM module which is having Intel Core i7 processor. I have booted the board using QNX 6.4.1 OS (X86).

After booting the OS, it is displaying the processor type as PENTIUM II instead of Core i7.

I have checked the processor information by using “pidin info”. But it is also displaying the processor type as PENTIUM II.

What is the reason for this and how to rectify it ?

It’s a bug and it doesn’t affect operation. It’s not fixed in 6.5.0 either.

Is there any method by which it can be resolved(like any os patch or qnx customer support or any spcific change requst to qnx distributor …etc) ?

You can use your support plan to report a bug, or go though custom enginerring t get it fixed faster, or write up your own detection code.

Hi

I am also having intel core i7 board (TP702/38x) from Concurrent technologies. When i am trying to install QNX SDP 6.4.1 on it, it works till “Installing qnx-target” message comes and after 10-15 mins of that message, i receive “An error occurred while installing” message.
Using same QNX as live-cd (run from cd option), works fine.

Plz suggest what could be problem. Is it because of intel core i7?

Can anyone guide on how to make bootbale QNX installation thumb drive form QNX iso?

It’s most probably not the Intel Core but rather the chipset and the disk controller that could be the issue.

Any workaround i can try for chipset issue, if it is?

I have tried intalling QNX 6.3.2 also, that also fails but after “Installing qnx-qde” or “Installing qnx-target-html” step with message saying about corrupt filesystem.

But I was able to install QNX 6.5.0 without any issue.

Any help on this?